Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Girl does a wintertime "No plastic No synthetics" overnight bushcraft challenge

Ah that's good, now I need to buy a blade so that when I next get to play (sometime soon I hope) I will have a go at that. Not sure my knots are unto much but my granny knot is good for most things ha ha.

Trapper
    Hello Susanne

I just now stumbled upon this thread, a little late I'm afraid.

I think it is fantastic what you do. Since I'm not registered with Utube I have bookmarked your Utube channel instead of subscribing.

I really really really like your reindeer clothing, a lot! Did I emphasize that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Hello Susanne

I just now stumbled upon this thread, a little late I'm afraid.

I think it is fantastic what you do. Since I'm not registered with Utube I have bookmarked your Utube channel instead of subscribing.

I really really really like your reindeer clothing, a lot! Did I emphasize that enough?
    Thank you!

I just really think that getting out from under the plastic bubble makes a huge difference to the intimacy with the land.

Also I slept warmer than I have in ages in such weather and I could have gone warmer still. Using wool and the reindeer pelt for the bed means that I could have put hot rocks directly under the reindeer skin. No plastic. :-)

(Of course for technical or alpine mountaineering and so it is is a different story, there you really WANT the bubble.)