Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Svord peasant knife sheath

Did another sheath last week end for a Svord Peasant.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0029.jpg 
Views:	1103 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	7624

Trapper
    thats really cool kit, well done. how do you get the raised moulding around the knife shape?? i'd love to try this

Sorry EJS for not getting back about the sheaths,you need a peace of 2.5cm veg tan leather and a flat serfis you can staple in to,wet you'r leather for 2or3 mins then mold it around the knife you will have to cut the leather around the bottom not to close to the knife and staple ti down take the knife out of the molding and put it in the oven at the low'est setting for about 30 min take it out reshape it and put it back for another 30 when it comes out should be hard I lernt to do it off Utub punch in sheath makeing. PS can you get round the naff spelling
    Last edited by Adam Savage; 13-12-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Trapper
    yeah cool.

im gonna give this a go one day, maybe at a meet or something, cheers tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    Did another sheath last week end for a Svord Peasant.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0029.jpg 
Views:	1103 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	7624
    Nice!! Do you reckon you could do a wrap around type wet formed sheath for the svord, so you only had stitching on the blade (closed) side of the sheath?? If you get my gist!!
    It's not the cough that carries you off,

It's the coffin they carry you off in!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
    Nice!! Do you reckon you could do a wrap around type wet formed sheath for the svord, so you only had stitching on the blade (closed) side of the sheath?? If you get my gist!!
    I reckon you could Bob! Something i always do with wet forming leather sheaths is wrap my knife in cling film to stop it getting soaked. This means you can leave the knife in as the leather dries, (I just air dry mine instead of using the oven). I also only dampen the leather rather than soak it. Seems to work just as well but dries quicker. That said Tony's sheaths look really good and i may well try his oven drying method i think!
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

Tramp
    They look great, I am looking forward to trying some leatherwork in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
    I've done just that for mine,not sewn yet but I will try to put up some pics at the weekend,busy week

Quote Originally Posted by paulthefish2009 View Post
    I've done just that for mine,not sewn yet but I will try to put up some pics at the weekend,busy week

Looking forward to it!!

Copycat springs to mind
    It's not the cough that carries you off,

It's the coffin they carry you off in!