Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What's your usual food for a 2-3 day trip?

Just to further complicate things, in Australia meal breaks at work were traditionally referred to as "smoko", until the anti-smokers got their y-fronts in a twist.

Has anyone tried making there own boil in the bag meals?
    i have just spent 5 mins looking now and have found a company that sells resealable and reusable cooking bags for $0.60 each, surely there will be someplace in england that sells them. That way you can make your own meat balls, curry ect at home and take it with you. Obviously it wouldnt last as long as the shop bought ones, but could be a good cheap way to eat the meals you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Believe it or not....yes. When I was 15 my Nan (gran) made minced beef and mushrooms to boil in the bag to be added to smash potato and dried veg for my DoE expedition. All she did was cook it in a pan wait till it cooled then portioned it into plastic bags that were fastened with zip ties...all this 30 years ago eh ?
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    i have just spent 5 mins looking now and have found a company that sells resealable and reusable cooking bags for $0.60 each, surely there will be someplace in england that sells them. That way you can make your own meat balls, curry ect at home and take it with you. Obviously it wouldnt last as long as the shop bought ones, but could be a good cheap way to eat the meals you want.
    Ian C posted about the pour and store bags --> http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...ll=1#post79612
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.