Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Donations mod ofr forum

Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    Just being able to contribute something to keeping Natural Bushcraft running is reward enough for me - no wah
    Ok maybe "reward" was wrong word to use, They're more of bonuses. Its not about been rewarded or buying things its just about little bonuses for supporters. Its pretty much standard on all forums/sites and would make a cool addition to NB to have more PM space (50 is just waaaay too low imho) or ability to change title, name color etc etc etc.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

What we donating, a kidney or something got to admit I just like to go on NB and read contribute and learn, I've never had any other problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Realearner View Post
    What we donating, a kidney or something got to admit I just like to go on NB and read contribute and learn, I've never had any other problems?
    Who said anything about problems??

Also this is the feedback forum so I gave feedback/suggestion, If you don't like it then its your problem not mine.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Quote Originally Posted by ADz_1983 View Post
    Ok maybe "reward" was wrong word to use, They're more of bonuses. Its not about been rewarded or buying things its just about little bonuses for supporters. Its pretty much standard on all forums/sites and would make a cool addition to NB to have more PM space (50 is just waaaay too low imho) or ability to change title, name color etc etc etc.
    Fair comment

My experiences of other forums that I have been involved with -

Having increased the limit on PMs to 100, people then wanted 200. This had to be paid for with the service providers we were using
    I would add that the forum involved had got so big that we could no longer effectively use "free" platform software, so it had to be paid for

I think that the worst thing one forum ever got involved with was T-Shirts/Polo shirts with the logo printed and/or embroidered on them. Loads of interest and we sold 3

Before I put my foot in it, what "Bonuses" you would suggest for supporters? Please remember that some-one has to administer all this and that Ashley, the site owner, only has a couple of part time Moderators to help him.
    Last edited by happybonzo; 14-03-2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: typing
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Who said anything about problems??

Also this is the feedback forum so I gave feedback/suggestion, If you don't like it then its your problem not mine.
    Easy tiger, my knowledge of these computer thingys is very limited, and in a jokey way was joining in sorry if it upset your feelings there was no malice intended, but would like to know in lay mans terms what you are saying

Quote Originally Posted by Realearner View Post
    Easy tiger, my knowledge of these computer thingys is very limited, and in a jokey way was joining in sorry if it upset your feelings there was no malice intended, but would like to know in lay mans terms what you are saying
    Sorry, Thought I had explained it simply enough in second explanation I gave?

Sorry, Thought I had explained it simply enough in second explanation I gave?
    No your dealing with a ludite and seriously if it works it's good for me ha ha!!

Know what I like about this site ?

Apart from the mods we are all the same but still unique and that the features it has are already free. We have a nice, calm and essentially self moderating forum based on mutual respect. Allowing people to donate to get special privileges or elevate status isnt something. I'd like to see.

Yes I suppose I'd like more pm space but I dont think its so bad at the moment.
    [

You don't have to delete any of your PM, you can archive them to a separate folder if you want to keep them - I believe the folder
    would be on your own pc and would not clutter up the server NB uses - I eat walkers deep ridged crisps PROBLEM SOLVED
    Cheers Bri
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by sapper4083 View Post
    know what i like about this site ?

Apart from the mods we are all the same but still unique and that the features it has are already free. We have a nice, calm and essentially self moderating forum based on mutual respect. Allowing people to donate to get special privileges or elevate status isnt something. I'd like to see.

Yes i suppose i'd like more pm space but i dont think its so bad at the moment.
    + 1 well said sir
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'