Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The bushcraft show 2013

Cheers guys , i did see the meet in wales but sadly it drops on me old ma's b'day so knew i couldn't make that one , i'd like to come along in april if nobody minds , that'd be good

Quote Originally Posted by Badger 73 View Post
    Cheers guys , i did see the meet in wales but sadly it drops on me old ma's b'day so knew i couldn't make that one , i'd like to come along in april if nobody minds , that'd be good
    The closing date for coming has passed...but as youre a newbie i cant see it being an issue. Have a read of the thread then pop your name down on the last post...i will send you a PM with the deposit details.
    [

Great , i'll check the dates and if alls well i'll drop my name on the list . Thanks again

Hobo
    got my yurt booked to display craghopper stuff at elvaston!

I have done the Wilderness gathering the past two years and in my opinion it just two commercial. First year I spent £700 on gear, last year £20 ish. You either look at stuff and wish you could get it or buy it all and regret spending too much.

I would go to the local meets and learn as much as possible from the guys there and also do some trades to get kit you need. It also gives you the chance to try kit out before spending your hard earned on something that doesn't suit your needs.
    Like me £250 on a jervens bag that really isn't needed in this country when a bivvybag will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Don't pay to go on a course. Stick around here, look at the YouTube videos, go to meets and, most important of all, get out there and try things for yourself. Why pay someone's inflated prices to learn what is available for free?

Martin
    I tend to agree with Martin here. What's the old saying?: To hear is to know, to see is to believe, but to do is to be sure.
    If you stretch out both arms to represent all time on earth, then with one stroke of a nail file you could eradicate all human history, and 98 per cent of all human history was spent in the stone age.

Cheers guys , are there ever any meets in the midlands area ?

I also have been looking at going to the bushcraft show for the 1st time this year and wanted to hear people's thoughts and now I know Id love to meet up with people off NB but not many people on here from Nottingham area. Nothing better than sharing ideas and having abit of banter round the fire

Good grief, at those prices the organisers must be on drugs
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Alone in the Wilderness
    hi i'm new to this forum and bushcraft i'm going to the bushcraft show so if any one from here is going say hi, i should be easy to spot i will be the one trying to keep my four feral kids in line lol.