Thread: An amusing take on the Bear Grylls stylee...

An amusing take on the Bear Grylls stylee...

Well I don't care what anyone says, I have a great deal of admiration for Bear Grylls and what he does. I enjoy his programmes, respect his achievements and the work he does for the Scouts. There has always been those that comment negatively on Bears style but if BG, RM, LW and all the others were the same then it would all be rather boring (but I do also respect that each are entitled to their own opinion).

Then I came across this and thought that now I kind of admire him even more, someone that can take the mickey out of themselves. Yes, I know he probably got paid a lot of money for doing this, but then he could have said no...

Last edited by jus_young; 01-03-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Money, Money, Money.......

He probably enjoyed it. a bit of light relief.
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    He can laugh at himself, I will credit him with that,he has a good sense of humour but remember he was fired from discovery, he is running expensive courses that aren't selling very well, so he has to make money someway.. Bit like MEARS with the go compare adverts..it's a bit embarrassing really.

Don't knock the man for trying to make money, like us all he has to provide for himself and his family and he is doing it the only way he knows how.

Personally, I didn't rate him, until I heard him interviewed on radio. He talked about his family life and his children, it was obvious that he was a loving father and faily man, whenever he can be. Needless to say he went up in my estimation.
    * LIFE IS GOOD *

I think good on him, and when you think what professional sports men get ( footballers) then good on him and given the chance anybody getting paid for having a laugh would do it too..

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Don't knock the man for trying to make money, like us all he has to provide for himself and his family and he is doing it the only way he knows how.

Personally, I didn't rate him, until I heard him interviewed on radio. He talked about his family life and his children, it was obvious that he was a loving father and faily man, whenever he can be. Needless to say he went up in my estimation.
    Exactly, that's the feeling I get too.

Anyone can be a critic when the $£$£$£ signs are there but would you or I do it for the money and make life a little easier? Of course we would.
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

I liked it, especially the fish.....

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
    I liked it, especially the fish.....
    * LIFE IS GOOD *