Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a bit of coppicing.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

a bit of coppicing.

spent the afternoon in the hazel copse this afternoon ,i was cutting hazel for a new project ,meanwhile the boys were foraging wild garlic,building dams and mrs fish was making a brew,then a few minutes to eat pies .

all in all a fine day,on the way home i droped into the recycling centre and picked up an old pram base to make a go cart from in woodwork lesson next week!
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Samuel Hearne
    Its good to see the kids outside in the fresh air enjoying themselves, what do you plan to do with the hazel that you have cut?
    Cheers for the pictures it looks a nice place.

Great to see the boys in the woods instead of in front of the games console. My son was out on the banks fishing with me as a youngster, and now my grand-sons will be.

There's an abundance of what I think is wild garlic growing on my local river (Tees) bank, I just never had the confidence to positively ID and harvest it, thanks to your first pic I may poison myself confidently now ....................

.................................................. .Or gather some, post a pic and get the all clear from yourself??
    It's not the cough that carries you off,

It's the coffin they carry you off in!

your boys are very lucky,shame more kids cant experience some of this.

"spent the afternoon in the hazel copse.............foraging wild garlic,........building dams and mrs fish was making a brew,then a few minutes to eat pies ."

Fade in Lou Reed - Perfect Day

Sounds lovely,

M@

For me it's amazing to see spring that advanced in February....thats late May here...if I am lucky. We still have 2-3 months of snow on the ground :-)
    And as always good to see families out in the woods. Well done, Fish family :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

bloody good effort getting the kids out there!
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Fantastic stuff Fish!
    It's a great feeling getting the kids out and seeing them enjoying the outdoors isn't it.

Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

cheers guys,i have to drag my lot in for meals and some times they miss them to be out in the fields and woods making dens and cooking blackbirds over a hazel fire lol

the hazels are going to make a hurdle type fence in my garden to make a private sitting/whitlin/campfire area .
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Nice one fish,me and my lad are off out for a cheeky brew over the weekend (he's nearly 19 and still likes hanging out with the old man) good init Paul