Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My Rucksack for 2-3 Days Camping

Is it rude to luagh?

lol
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Yes - Daisy can be like that. Shame on her!

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave ward View Post
    Great video ash and the HQ is brill. I love these vids and if i had a decent camera id do my own but i only have my mobile phone camera. Also just wanted to say thank you for a great web site as well , I've been a member on here for about a month(ish) now and have been made very welcome, very informative site and im contantly on here and i always find things that I've not noticed before so thanks for all the vids/pics and articles. Great work.
    That's great to hear, glad your liking the site & community here

I am shooting with a Canon 600D on full HD so I'm glad it's looking clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post
    thanks Ashley for adding to the 'carry canon' with you latest video, very informative and a pleasure to watch.
    That reminds me!.. I failed to mention that most of the time I carry a camera as part of my kit, obviously it was in use at the time, doh!
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Lightbulb My Fire Kit

Ok, so I balls'd up and forgot to cover my Fire kit in the last video

So here it is...
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Good vid Ash :0) Where do you get those energy shot tubes from..? I have never seen them

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    Ok, so I balls'd up and forgot to cover my Fire kit in the last video

So here it is...
    Cheers for doing the follow up vid fella, again very interesting.

PJ smeared cotton balls really are the business aren't they, pretty idiot proof (they work for me, so they must be ) and if you are carrying some in your pack along with something to strike a spark, you don't really need any other fire kit. So I can understand your saying you often don't bother carrying either a lighter or matches, but I know I could not go out for a (couple of) night(s) without several different means of fire lighting, as I have to have at least one back up fire staring option and a back up for the back up, in the event things go a bit Pete Tong.

Like you when out for a night or two, I do carry PJ Balls and a flint and steel, but I also always carry at least one lighter (often two, one for fags and a storm for fire) and some wind proof matches on my person. And, occasionally (e.g. when I remember to pack them) I carry a little bag of tinder, some char cloth and a couple of tampons, more for one of those 'just in case' scenarios (which thankfully, I have yet to encounter) than primary fire lighting. Probably being a bit of a worry-wart, but that is just me. Each to their own

Still fair play for doing the follow up vid, good work fella

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    Good vid Ash :0) Where do you get those energy shot tubes from..? I have never seen them
    Hey Jonny you can get long thin ish tubes from Bushcraftland, they do a Berocca knock off which comes in a fairly water proof, semi stoppered plastic tube. Not quite as chunky as the ones Ashley had in his vid, so you have to fish about for the balls down the bottom of the tube, but usable.

Also the knock off Berocca tablets are actually very good at masking the after taste of puritabs, obviously it helps if you like the taste of not quite fruit cordial
    Ansum La

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post
    Hey Jonny you can get long thin ish tubes from Bushcraftland, they do a Berocca knock off which comes in a fairly water proof, semi stoppered plastic tube. Not quite as chunky as the ones Ashley had in his vid, so you have to fish about for the balls down the bottom of the tube, but usable.

Also the knock off Berocca tablets are actually very good at masking the after taste of puritabs, obviously it helps if you like the taste of not quite fruit cordial
    Cheers chap :0)

No worries matey

Actually, I was in Bushcraftland this afternoon and I did find a better PJ Balls sized container.

Haliborange Kids Multivitamins Fruit Softies

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3711504.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	7154

I can also report,, they have also started doing their camping and outdoor gear again but I will not take this thread any further by posting my purchases on here.
    Ansum La