Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hammock prices Dd Frontline

Frontline all the way buddy. I did a review on the 2012 Frontline hammock, its on my YouTube channel if it helps mate.

Ade

I have the travel hammock and have noticed a tendency for sweaty sleeping, but then I sleep warm anyway. I do like the option of having the ground nest capability without having to carry yet another item such as a small tarp to put on the floor, so I adjusted the underquilt to give a looser fit in warmer weather and I no longer have a problem

If you were planning to use a pad in the hammock rather than an underquilt then the breathability is not an issue, the pads are not breathable anyway. I am currently looking at the Exped downmats to use instead of the underquilt so that I have the insulation layer weather tree or ground dwelling without carrying loads of unnecessary kit as a 'just in case'.

You will always get differing opinions on here about kit, everybody has their likes and dislikes and that's part of what makes this such an interesting craft. Your decision will not be an easy one

Quote Originally Posted by Tankosl View Post
    Hi all,
    Forgive me if this isn't quite the right place to ask the question
    I'm thinking of getting a dd travel but I'm concerned about the breathability issues.....I want to be able to use it on the ground as well but not sure if I should get a frontline and use a small groundsheet or go for the travel???
    Thanks in advance for your advice!!!
    Personally I'd get the breathable one and buy a cheap groundsheet.

Look after your hammock and your hammock will look after you !

Name:  triggers-broom.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  14.1 KB

P.S. Welcome to the forum, pop over to the introductions section and say hello

Hi All,
    Thanks very much for your advice and comments.......
    The only problem now is.........DD or TW???

Hi All,
    Thanks very much for your advice and comments.......
    The only problem now is.........DD or TW???
    am looking forward to the answer to this.... i cant make my mind up either...

Frontline.....
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Frontline.....
    Hi Sapper, what makes you say that??? Just wondered what the pros and cons were of the two types.....

I love my frontline hammock worth every single penny!!!

Danny

Hi Sapper, what makes you say that??? Just wondered what the pros and cons were of the two types.....
    I have a TW and while its wider believe it or not i can get a flatter more comfy lay in my frontline
    [

I have a Frontline also and love it, Its breathable so good in warm weather. In colder weather you can use an underquilt and or waterproof groundsheet to stop rain splashes etc.