Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hammock prices Dd Frontline

Hammock prices Dd Frontline

Hi all, I'm new on here and looking forward to picking up some great tips. I'm sure this must have been covered already but are dd Frontline hammocks worth the money, or is there a better cheaper option, Only asking as I need 4 hammocks 4 tarps etc. thanks in advance.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Most people would agree that they offer good value for money.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

yes good value....mind you Im from Yorkshire and only paid £20 for mine from a mate
    [

Thanks guys, are they any better than the TW hammocks? basically are there certain brands where your paying for the name not the product, sorry I just want to be sure before blowing a few hundred quid.
    Last edited by treehugger; 10-02-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I'm assuming that you've never slept in a hammock before? Before you spend all that money on four hammocks, why not try one out? After all, it may not be for you. Not everyone finds hammocking a comfortable way to sleep.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I'm assuming that you've never slept in a hammock before? Before you spend all that money on four hammocks, why not try one out? After all, it may not be for you. Not everyone finds hammocking a comfortable way to sleep.

Martin
    + 2 for that. I did that with a basic TW first
    [

I own an army hammock I brought on ebay and me and the kids have all slept in " way more comfortable than my bell tent" the thing is it has only been used on balmy summer nights so is untested regarding cold damp etc. its great for what it is but the bottoms single skin, the webbing needed replacing an so on but it was cheap so I didn't expect to much.

If you have never slept in a hammock in the colder nights then you will need some kind of thermal insulation. There are many ways. Thermarests and foam mats between layers, underquilts and pods, each has their own pros and cons

http://www.hammockforums.net/?

lots of info here
    [

Thanks I'll have a look, to be honest I'm not going to be out in the winter months but still dont want to spend the night shivering.

Quote Originally Posted by treehugger View Post
    Thanks I'll have a look, to be honest I'm not going to be out in the winter months but still dont want to spend the night shivering.
    It can be quite liberating hammocking in the snow

http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/ph...-jan-2013.html
    [