Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A complete failure on two levels

A complete failure on two levels

I was out today and really disapointed myself, as I see it I failed on two levels on this trip.
    First I forget my frying pan, when the whole purpose of the trip was to cook a meal in the woods.
    Then I just cave in, and throw in the towel, and fail to improvise...I had plenty of other things I could have used. A spade, a steel cup, and a kettle...

Well, well, other than that I actually enjoyed myself out there. But lessons learned are:

1. Plan better and make sure everything is there before packing.
    2. Learn to improvise, adapt -> over come!

Well, well, her eit is for all the world to see :-)

Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Nice to get out in the bush and have a fire anyway, eh Rune? I'm always in a rush to get to all my traps and cover as many miles as I can so I never take the time to sit down and have a fire and some lunch. You've inspired me to make the effort to relax and enjoy the day!

Jack

Us northern boys are heading into a fine time for that, jack. The light is returning with the sun, and normally this time of year, so it's definatly time to slow down and enjoy it.
    BTW the whole landscape was criss crossed with animal tracks. Mostly hare, mice, and stoat (Mustela erminea) + some fox and moose :-)

Rune
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Samuel Hearne
    Its good to see you out an about again, shame you forgot your frying pan.

Hobo
    I would say your trip was a success mate, you learned a lot about your equipment, your skills and your where your heading. Id say well done loved the video, saw you make a lot of the same mistakes I did i.e. I forgot my kettle one trip but worse i forgot the milk lol. Just curious could you have not used the snow shovel to cook on ? it sounded like it was metal. never mind loved the video you made me laugh so big thumbs up. Cant wait to see more. And IMO def not a fail trip.

(Reads Rune's footer.) Forgetting your frying pan was just bad luck, that's all

Trapper
    The beautiful San Joaquin valley in California in the U.S.A
    That was FUNNY !!

My grandfather always said; "You got today and tomorrow grandson. Don't let it get YOU DOWN ! "

And "Some days YOU get the bear, and some days the bear gets YOU"

Hang in there man, at least you got out in the outdoors !
    nilo

He he
    (Roald Amundsen)

rune,your video had me in stitches!!
    a suicidal pulk and a sugar pot that needs stabbing so it will conform,i had to put the kettle on out of apathy lol
    am really looking forward to the next installment of 'bumbling bushcraft' lol
    was strange hearing your voice too,i forget you have an accent,it doesnt come across in your posts ....in fact you sound like me when i read them

Trapper
    The beautiful San Joaquin valley in California in the U.S.A
    No, He sounds like ME when I read his posts I think he is a very cool guy. he looks exactly what I think a guy from Norway should look like. Me, I look like an old Okie myself ]
    Quote Originally Posted by wildish64 View Post
    rune,your video had me in stitches!!
    a suicidal pulk and a sugar pot that needs stabbing so it will conform,i had to put the kettle on out of apathy lol
    am really looking forward to the next installment of 'bumbling bushcraft' lol
    was strange hearing your voice too,i forget you have an accent,it doesnt come across in your posts ....in fact you sound like me when i read them