Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking For Boots!

I'm not sure what boots i'd recommend but it certainly wouldn't be Meindl. I've had the burma pro for a short time now, done a few miles in them and have to agree they are very comfortable, if a little heavy, but they are my first and last pair. I've already had the soles reattached twice. This would seem to be a fairly common problem judging from what i've seen on various walking forums.

Quote Originally Posted by andy t View Post
    I'm not sure what boots i'd recommend but it certainly wouldn't be Meindl. I've had the burma pro for a short time now, done a few miles in them and have to agree they are very comfortable, if a little heavy, but they are my first and last pair. I've already had the soles reattached twice. This would seem to be a fairly common problem judging from what i've seen on various walking forums.
    Interesting....never had my Borneos re soled must be 10 years old now and they have really been given some stick
    [

Quote Originally Posted by andy t View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Interesting....never had my Borneos re soled must be 10 years old now and they have really been given some stick
    I don't have the Borneos but I have been wearing my Merrell Moab mid Gore-Tex boots http://www.merrell.com/UK/en-GB/Prod...b-Mid-Gore-Tex every day since October and they hardly look like they have been broken in.

Asolo they are hands down the best boots I've used light, robust and comfy but with a £100 price tag isn't the most expensive but not cheap. If you do go for price over make up sure sure you have plenty of zinc oxide tape for blisters and get good socks!
    Whatever you decide good luck
    -Mick
    “Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity...”
    ― John Muir

Well I must say Meindl are the best boot i've found in many years. I dont find them heavy at all. Sturdy! But not heavy. I have the Dovre Extreme GTX and for getting through heather and the like they are superb!

What about jack pyke hunters boots? They are £100 and I was looking at them due to rugged and waterproofed look. Does any body have them?

SCARPA. I always bang on about these boots, but if you ever get any you'll understand.

Rigger boots! I started using them when I was at sea, they're waterproof, tough as hell, steel toecaps and you can get a good pair for about £30 my current pair got left outside over winter by mistake and it didn't effect them at all, I've walked miles in them on the moors with no blisters, and can comfortably work in them all day, I'll never use hiking boots again!
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  5.7 KB

In 20 years I've only brought 2 pairs, and that's only because I sold the first pair to a mate!
    Last edited by tds123; 10-02-2015 at 11:25 PM.
    A dog is not just for Christmas... There should be plenty left for boxing day!

I Wear http://www.magnumboots.com/uk/cobra-...ns-womens.html
    These boots are extremely comfortable, Entirely waterproof and the side zip makes getting in and out of them a breeze.
    They have been discontinued now unfortunately but you can still find small / Very large sizes at about half retail price.
    But overall magnum boots get a big thumbs up from me.
    « Youth is easily deceived because it is quick to hope. »
    Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Same here; I'm very pleased with mine and mine must be at least 10 old if not more.
    I had a shock when I thought that I'd treat Mrs Bonzo to a pair... nearly £200 She has some "fabric" boots made by Salomen (spelling?) and they've worn at an alarming rate
    Last edited by happybonzo; 18-02-2015 at 07:38 AM. Reason: fat finger typing
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/