Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wooden cup

I want one - envy
    Cheers Bri
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Thats nice work. I hope it holds together for you. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I would avoid hot liquid in it if it were mine.

Thanks for the nice comments,

I probably won't use this as it is the first one I have made like it the next one will not have the pith in it and will be a user, I learnt a lot of new techniques making this and it was fun.

Thats a nice bit of work
    [

Tribal Elder
    nice!!!!!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Hobo
    Very nice!!

That looks ace mate , i was wondering what you seal / finish food and drinking utensils with so as not to get taste or wash away seal with hot liquids . I had a go at a cup last autumn and hav'nt really known how to finish the job

Quote Originally Posted by Badger 73 View Post
    That looks ace mate , i was wondering what you seal / finish food and drinking utensils with so as not to get taste or wash away seal with hot liquids . I had a go at a cup last autumn and hav'nt really known how to finish the job
    If you are just going to use cold liquid in it, then melted beeswax is good. I am experimenting with a tea/ale/coffee/cider/etc mug at the mo. Its had two good drinks of edible grade linseed oil and has been in the airing cupboard for final drying for a few weeks now. It should be ready to test soon :0)

Thanks , i'll hit ebay for some linseed oil (the places round 'ere only do cricket bat stuff!) . I'd like to use it for hot drinks if i can , let me know how the ale/cider test works out for ye , and if you need any assistance you only have to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger 73 View Post
    Thanks , i'll hit ebay for some linseed oil (the places round 'ere only do cricket bat stuff!) . I'd like to use it for hot drinks if i can , let me know how the ale/cider test works out for ye , and if you need any assistance you only have to ask!
    Try your local farm centre/ equestrian centre. You want the linseed oil they give horses. Its cheap and is food grade. Do not use the stuff for cricket bats etc, its got nasties in. Cheers chap :0)