Thread: what is your greatest adventure

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Let's see...I have to say it would be driving out to see the Grand Canyon a few years back. On the way there, I stopped to sample some prickly pear cactus fruits, but I was too excited to try them that I totally forgot to peel-off the spiny skin. Well, I ended up having spines all over my lips; but it was worth the taste .
    I continued on to the South Rim and took some photos. Gosh, the view was absolutely GORGEOUS. I even saw some people in tears because of the majesty the landscape evoked. The nights were incredible - more stars than I'd ever seen before. And everyone got up early to see the grandeur of the rising sun.
    On the last night of my stay, I came across some friendly Swiss folks - a family musical group. The mother spoke enough English so communication wasn't much of an issue, and my brother joined the band when he took out his french horn and played Edelweiss . I stupidly left my Pan-flute at home...
    It was indeed a grand experience . The only bad part was that the campsite was a bit noisy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP3834.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	6873

Name:	IMGP3832.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	6875

Name:	Aaron plays at the Grand Canyon-1.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	6874 My brother

Name:	IMGP3855.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	6876 Sunset
    Last edited by OakAshandThorn; 01-02-2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: upload pictures
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin