Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you guys and gals store your packs while hammocking

Where do you guys and gals store your packs while hammocking

I went on a overnighter on my own saturday night, lovely light night with the snow everywhere and not too cold either,

Due to snow on the ground I hooked up my back pack to a tree with a bungee, then during the night the heavens opened, I awoke and all signs of snow were gone due to the heavy rain,

water had run down the tree and was guided to my pack due to the downward hang of the bungee, needless to say some made it in my pack, the ground was very muddy and sticky,

Question what do you lot do with your Packs?

couple of pictures of set my up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3609.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	6830Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3602.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	6831
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

I put it in a large poly bag like a fertiliser sack (you can get green ones) and leave it under my hammock that way I can put stuff on top of it
    [

I normally have two or three of the really heavy duty refuse sacks and will put my bergen into one of those and leave it on the floor. I also have a waterproof bergen cover that i place over it and hang it on the trunk my hammock is tied to.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Under me..

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Same as Jonny. Mine goes under me. I normally have a poncho on the floor under my hammock and all my kit goes on there.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

I keep one of those orange survial bags in my rucksack. I partially unfold it and place in under my hammock and then put the pack on it. If placed correctly, there will be a spare bit you can tread on to make it easier to put boots off and on.

I know some swingers use one of the mesh hammocks underneath their sleeping hammock for storage.

Or just leave it in the car

M@

Yep, under me. I suppose I could stuff it in a bin liner if I was really worried about the weather.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Under me on a sheet of plastic or bin liner, also if I have time , I make a tripod to hang kit from, if you can find 3 sticks with forks or multiple branches at the top, you'll have plenty of hanging spot's.

Thanks for the replies fellas, I like the tripod idea but I use a small tarp, will take a big plastic sack next trip and try that (well that's if we get anymore rain this year.....lol),
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

I knock up a quick tripod and hang it on that, under my foot end. If not, it sit's on my ground sheet.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace