Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where do you guys and gals store your packs while hammocking

Mine goes on the ground under me. I have a 1m *2 m groundsheet from pound land that it goes on which also (as someone said above) gives me somewhere dry to stand.
    The groundsheet is very thin and folds up to nothing, so lives in my bag. The most useful thing I've ever bought for a quid I reckon

Hobo
    It depends on the weather with me. If I'm expecting rain it's under the hammock that is under a tarp at this point. If it's fine I just hang it on one of the trees! I can't say I put it on anything but it's never been that bad to put it on a sheet to protect it from wet ground.

Hang mine at the end of the hammock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't used one personally, but I've been interesting in trying out the ENO underbelly gear sling.
    "It's not a real adventure when you have to pay for it." - Edmund Hillary
    Always searching for the best survival gear.

Mine goes anywhere I can chuck it. It's one of these orange coloured drybags but as a rucksack. Also very good in the canoe.............come to think of it.......that's where I got the idea from in the first place. It's an awful colour for this 85 litre thing and I'm sure I look like a n@b but at least I won't lose it in The woods
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    "Bushcraft - the art of spending a lot of money to live like a homeless person"