Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cornwall RV 2013

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Ya cant miss it, your a local ;-)
    Tell me about it, hoping to head up to Ladock when the knee is up to it and family commitments allow me to get away; to cheer myself up.
    Ansum La

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Not long now and I'm looking forward to it:-) .....Well apart from the drive:-(
    You got it easy Pete.. I got to go up past your place, pick up my two herberts as soon as they pack up from school, and then drive back to the RV.
    I expect KP will be in his hammock, but Ella bella will be in the lavvu on a bed of sheep n lamb fleeces. Hammock for me and Janie will be in the pikey wagon.
    Can't wait :0)

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    You got it easy Pete.. I got to go up past your place, pick up my two herberts as soon as they pack up from school, and then drive back to the RV.
    I expect KP will be in his hammock, but Ella bella will be in the lavvu on a bed of sheep n lamb fleeces. Hammock for me and Janie will be in the pikey wagon.
    Can't wait :0)
    Shame I've not got a bigger motor, could have picked-em up for ya! yup I'll be hammocking.

Pack your thermals and a good sleeping bag Pete. I got back from there last night, having spent the last three days there I can tell you it was cold at night. Temperature has been dropping quite drastically around 1830hrs.

The forecast is changing all the time, I don't think the weather men have an idea of what's happening at the moment. Yesterday morning we had beautifull sunshine, yesterday afternoon we had snow.

On the upside the chap dealing with the larch is gonna sell good dry hardwood logs in bags for around a couple of quid from what I understand, so there is an availability there if people want or need it.

Neil and I should get there on Friday evening if all goes well. We'll see you then.

I spoke to my boy this morning about it and suggested doing just one night instead of the two. Now I am thinking that if we bring more sleeping bags than what we need we should be ok. I am going to bring four or five bags of firewood with us so it gives us a headstart. I still don't know whether I should bring my hammock or both of us just bunk in the tent.

Quote Originally Posted by leon-1 View Post
    Pack your thermals and a good sleeping bag Pete. I got back from there last night, having spent the last three days there I can tell you it was cold at night. Temperature has been dropping quite drastically around 1830hrs.

The forecast is changing all the time, I don't think the weather men have an idea of what's happening at the moment. Yesterday morning we had beautifull sunshine, yesterday afternoon we had snow.

On the upside the chap dealing with the larch is gonna sell good dry hardwood logs in bags for around a couple of quid from what I understand, so there is an availability there if people want or need it.

Neil and I should get there on Friday evening if all goes well. We'll see you then.
    Cheers Leon, Carinthia bag it is then (comfort rating -30 toasty). Look forward to seeing you both.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Currently packing for the RV
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Trust you to leave it to the last minute. See you down there later

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post
    Currently packing for the RV

Most of ours was packed last night. Just have to take the spatchcock chickens out the fridge, whiskey out the cupboard, and we are done.

This is going to be a good weekend.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Trust you to leave it to the last minute. See you down there later
    Alright Mr Perfect!...

Bring it on!
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace