Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: navigation

two jobs ?
    [

I thought you tought health and safe and also did rescue work too? sorry if im wrong matey

Quote Originally Posted by Dave ward View Post
    I thought you tought health and safe and also did rescue work too? sorry if im wrong matey
    Ahhhh i get it now.Yes. For a day job I teach 1st Aid and health and safety related subjects, and Im a volunteer MR member in my spare time.

Day job isnt doing that well down to the recession and as a result the volunteering suffers too - cant afford it
    [

Sorry to hear that mate! i hope things start looking up for soon buddy.

i can still navigate by natural means though
    [

Quote Originally Posted by suggy View Post
    It's the eye of the needle that turns to face north,

and the smaller needles stand a better chance of sitting on the skin of the water.

Attachment 6731Attachment 6732

Have fun !
    This looks akin to nailing a bubble to a wall, I have trouble floating a plastic duck in the bath.
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Quote Originally Posted by BJ View Post
    This looks akin to nailing a bubble to a wall, I have trouble floating a plastic duck in the bath.

put it on gently and the meniscus should hold it. Failing that you can float a leaf or something similar and place the needle on it
    [

I understand the physics of surface tension, however my fingers do not and these hands that can work on PCBs at component level must have a natural agent that disrupts the surface tension on contact. It's like putting washing up liquid in. I will have to resort to lowering it in on a cotton or the leaf idea might work.
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Lol yes they do, natural oils from your skin.....
    [

Although the moss direction does work, you can find yourself in some woods where all the trees have moss and can also be on all sides, ! Also another method is that trees will grow more branches on the southern side due to more light exposure etc giving a ticking effect, these are guides not exact science Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	6755 this picture I took kind of knocks that theory also most growth was on the north west side, but this was due to these hazel stumps being in the bottom of valley so the light was bouncing of the opposite valley side and the bank and larger trees were blocking out the sun on the southern side. it's just a matter of reading the signs of the land to try and work out direction. The natural navigator book is a great little read as is Harold Gattys book

Dave