Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow where I live

Peasant
    Took some snow pictures on my phone while out on Penshaw Hill with the kids can't get them to display on here. What part of Country Durham you from?

Quote Originally Posted by steve1975 View Post
    Took some snow pictures on my phone while out on Penshaw Hill with the kids can't get them to display on here. What part of Country Durham you from?
    Hi steve, I'm from near Wolsingham, Weardale.

my photo's are off my mobile. I had to upload them to a file on laptop then transfer them onto here. I'm no computer wizkid and I found it difficult but got there in the end. "trial and error"

A mere centimeter accumulated last night . Not much snow at all this winter...so far.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

[QUOTE=OakAshandThorn;68265]A mere centimeter accumulated last night . Not much snow at all this winter...so far.[/QUOTE

I think you must of diverted your snow here LOL, 30cm in total. It melts a bit through the day then snows some more to top it up again, picturesque though and nice when you don't need to travel anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    Frankly I don't know. I think both months will be equally good.
    But Tromsų is 185 miles north of me, so how the weather is there I really have no feel for...

But here is todays weather in Tromsų

http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Troms/...8/Troms%C3%B8/
    We will just have to trust to good luck and hope we get clear weather. I was thinking Tromso is a good bet for seeing the lights, it will be a week long trip.and not so straight forward as planning a trip to Spain.

Peasant
    Quote Originally Posted by butchthedog View Post
    Hi steve, I'm from near Wolsingham, Weardale.

my photo's are off my mobile. I had to upload them to a file on laptop then transfer them onto here. I'm no computer wizkid and I found it difficult but got there in the end. "trial and error"
    Used to visit weardale with friends when we were kids. Also teesdale from time to time. People at work had caravans up near your neck of the woods. Sadly I don't drive so can't get to these places theses days. My last trip was about 10 years ago. We did a section of the pennine way from near alston over cross fell and down to middleton in teesdale. Love the area.

Hi steve, there are some good pretty remote places to go around here to get away from it all. I am lucky as there are only a few houses where I live so am already in the sticks, handy for walking the dog. It's wild up at Alston, the main street is very steep and cobbled, it must be a 1 in 6 hill traction in the wet is bad so in this snow it'll be good for sledging if you are brave enough. There are some remote moors up where you walked. I'm not fit enough to take anything like that on.

Peasant
    Cross fell is pretty remote. Don't know if I could manage it these days.

It takes me long enough to go to the river and back, that's only a quarter mile away. Need me Calpol and a drink of milk after that epic journey.

[QUOTE=butchthedog;68277]
    Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    A mere centimeter accumulated last night . Not much snow at all this winter...so far.[/QUOTE

I think you must of diverted your snow here LOL, 30cm in total. It melts a bit through the day then snows some more to top it up again, picturesque though and nice when you don't need to travel anywhere.
    It would certainly seem so. Where I live, the land seems barren without any snow on the ground - plus, the temps have been down to -17 C at night. I feel like a polar bear with no snow to roll around in.
    Maybe it's time I headed up to Vermont...
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin