Thread: German mountain boots

Wanderer

German mountain boots

I've been looking for some new boots for a little while and had settled on getting some surplus German para boots for about £30. Whilst I was looking at various sites for the best price/quality I came across the mountain boots. They are more expensive and typically sell for about £50 in grade 1 or better condition but they seemed just what I was after.

They got delivered today and i'm impressed! Gave them a bit of a cleanup and treated to a new wax coat and some paracord laces.

From what i've read, they are made by either Haix, Lowa or Meindl all to the same spec. Only 25% of the finished products are allowed to be branded, mine arent. They are Gortex lined and contain lots of the features you find on their civilian counterparts that sell for £150+. If these last me a year or more I might treat myself to a new pair.

I got these from patrolbase.co.uk, I gave them a ring and they picked out the best pair in my size and put them to one side. Theres also quite a few people that sell these on ebay in used or new condition.

For anyone looking for some hard wearing, all weather boots...i'd recommend these.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    They look great. Woud be good to know how they stand up to a few miles with a heavy load on your back. Please let us know how you get on with them.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

I would recommend magnum boats if these dont work out for you, i have a pair of part leather stealths and they are exellent, can walk for days in them.

Robb

ah i meant to say boots, before you say it martin, lol

Hi Robb,
    Do these Magnum Stealth boots let water in? Are they right for wet boggy areas?
    Thanks pal...