Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tools or equipment that you would like to own but perhaps have not yet been invented.

Peasant

Tools or equipment that you would like to own but perhaps have not yet been invented.

Do you have an idea for a tool or item that frustratingly hasn't perhaps yet been invented, made and marketed?

Mine is a very simple and basic idea.

I'd like to be able to own a cooking pan/pot which has segregated compartments, along the lines that the American mess tins use, but without the horrid wide divide, and also be much deeper, and must be able to comfortably hold and cook approx 1 x 400gram tin of liquid in each side.

As a simple example...I want to be able to say boil rice in one side of a pan/pot whilst cooking meat/sauce in the other, without the two food items mixing. Despite much hunting and searching around shops, a pan/pot like this doesn't seem to exist, and I'm now thinking of getting someone to weld a section across an existing pot in order that I can have one. I could join two of my Austrian army top pan sets together, but that doesn't look very neat and tidy.

I'm really posting this in the hope that someone could point me in the direction of such a pot/pan.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieJ View Post
    Do you have an idea for a tool or item that frustratingly hasn't perhaps yet been invented, made and marketed?

Mine is a very simple and basic idea.

I'd like to be able to own a cooking pan/pot which has segregated compartments, along the lines that the American mess tins use, but without the horrid wide divide, and also be much deeper, and must be able to comfortably hold and cook approx 1 x 400gram tin of liquid in each side.

As a simple example...I want to be able to say boil rice in one side of a pan/pot whilst cooking meat/sauce in the other, without the two food items mixing. Despite much hunting and searching around shops, a pan/pot like this doesn't seem to exist, and I'm now thinking of getting someone to weld a section across an existing pot in order that I can have one. I could join two of my Austrian army top pan sets together, but that doesn't look very neat and tidy.

I'm really posting this in the hope that someone could point me in the direction of such a pot/pan.
    One of these do you..? Janie has one in her caravan..
    http://www.ronebergcairns.com/2006on...ome06_012.html

A teleporting device. Would save me from all that boring and tiresome walking....
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Peasant
    Thanks JonnyP, that would be a good start.

You now just need to find me one.

Samuel Hearne
    Hi Eddie try the local charity shops or the boot fairs.

Tribal Elder
    Last edited by alvino78; 08-01-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Tribal Elder
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Think there's already a patent out on this --> http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20110017750

Peasant
    Thanks everyone, your help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    One of these do you..? Janie has one in her caravan..
    http://www.ronebergcairns.com/2006on...ome06_012.html

That reminds me so much of the pressure cooker and separators in it my mother had in the late 60's early 70's. I used to use the weight (pressure regulator??) as a spinning top.
    It's not the cough that carries you off,

It's the coffin they carry you off in!