Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best Budget Carbon-steel edged Bushcraft Knife?

Cant go wrong with the Hultafors at them prices
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Cant go wrong with the Hultafors at them prices
    +1 for Hultafors. My 2 nephews each have one... cheap, sharp, and indestructible.

If you want something really heavy duty, there's always the british army survival knife, but there are cheap copies about, I'm sure plenty of the forum members can advise on the best/reputable sellers.........

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    You base it on another model knife than the knife suggested. The Condor Bushlore 2011 has seen a lot of positive responses. The post 2011 Bushlore however was horrible, with a ricasso that was an inch long...
    Well, well, I shall not pursue this. I have never seen a condor knife in my life. And you have.
    I have handled the following Condor knives,either by passaround by purchase or by seeing a friends own that he has bought

Bushlore
    Bushlore Mini
    Sapiens
    Nessmuk
    Bushcraft 2"
    Bushcraft 4"

Not at anytime was there a good thing to say about any of them, although I may grant you the more recent Bushlores may be better, I won't be buying one to find out . Thanks for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    A Lapp Puukko would be a good knife to go for as a step up from a Mora, but it will cos ye a bit more.
    +1 for Lapin Puukko.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Thanks guys for all the responses
    Never a bad reception for questions (no matter how basic!) but hey! One of the first rules of Survival is having the right equipment.

Which Lapin Puukko would you recommend? (price no factor at this stage) and where to buy from..?

Cheers!

Any good points about these British Army survival knife?

http://militarymart.co.uk/index.php?...roduct_id=1816

Quote Originally Posted by Bhunterbushcraft View Post
    Thanks guys for all the responses
    Never a bad reception for questions (no matter how basic!) but hey! One of the first rules of Survival is having the right equipment.

Which Lapin Puukko would you recommend? (price no factor at this stage) and where to buy from..?

Cheers!
    I'd probably go with the Leukupuukko 3, which costs around $50 here in the States. I can't seem to find a place that sells Lapin blades and ships to the UK...all the ones I came across ship only to Canada or the US.
    Maybe JonnyP or someone else can answer that??
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

I'll recommend a Hultafors HVK GH knife! Usually costs a buck less than the Mora Companion MG. I'm quite impressed by this knife!

Hobo
    The all new all wonderful Mora Heavy Duty Companion! Or the Marttiini Jätkänvuolu I've just reviewed