Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A very good Bow saw for under 10£

A very good Bow saw for under 10£

The weapon of choice for many scandinavian craftsmen, carpenters and outdoorsy kind of people is the "Biltema" bow saw, which can be had for 9£
    in a test it got 4 out of 5 points. The test was carried out by craftsmen in Sweden. I do not think you have Biltema in the UK but you do have Clas Ohlson....and they sell the winner of the test, the G-man bow saw for £8.99

Here is the swedish test. You can see the tables and what saws they where up against:

http://www.biltema.no/Documents/prod...63_14-2012.pdf

Anyway these saws are regularily praised on scandi outdoors forums as the one to get. It's the Mora of bow saws.

I am in no way associated with Biltema or Clas Ohlson, I just like cheap stuff that works.
    And a good bowMsaw is handy for processing lots of wood for a night out...well, if you're car camping and you are not Martin.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Cheers for that mate. One thing i am missing in my tool kit is a decent bow saw.

just might have to....
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Thats why I am heading in the direction of Biltema in the morrow to procure one, the OP was the result of my research....well I also called my dad, and he also recoemnded the Biltema saw.
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

I have.. er.. 3. Actually 2 and a half because one of them is a mini bow saw.

But I'm still tempted to make a fold-up bow saw for taking with me in it's compact form.

I must be blind or just stupid, but I don't see where we can buy one for £8.99. Do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    I have.. er.. 3. Actually 2 and a half because one of them is a mini bow saw.

But I'm still tempted to make a fold-up bow saw for taking with me in it's compact form.

I must be blind or just stupid, but I don't see where we can buy one for £8.99. Do you have a link?
    Doh!

Here is the link :-)

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/G-Man-Bow-Saw/Pr307549000
    (Roald Amundsen)

ToolStation have them for under £6.
    Scewfix.com 21" £6.99..24" £7.99..30" £8.99

I have a big ol' bow saw blade just a cheap 36" that goes over my pack and i just bend a bit of branch for a handle or i use a buck saw system for it
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    I Wombled my folding bucksaw from an old sofa (seasoned beech frame), cost to me was the cost of a blade and a length of paracord.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

I love Clas Ohlson, great chain of stores and real bargains to be had.

(not wanting to go off topic but http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Asaklit...-Stove/34-3320 is a good bit of kit, its pretty much a clone of the Optimus Tor Purple Flame/91)
    Richard
    South Wales UK