Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Preston Bushcraft Group?

Question Preston Bushcraft Group?

hi guys,

i was just wondering how many people would be interested in a bushcraft club/group in preston? regular pub meets (maybe once a week or once every 2 weeks) to talk about stuff n show and tell projects, make friends etc, and also group trips etc could be organised, courses etc.

thinking of maybe getting the ball rolling on this but would like to put it out there and see how many people would be interested and attend if i were to set this up?

i have posted this on another forum and wanted to see if there would be interest on here too

thanks,
    Aiden

I see you have got some up-take on the other forum. Being an awkward cuss I thought I'd reply on this one - it also helps keep it active.

Yes, I could be up for this, but a venue a little bit more inland than Preston itself would be preferable.

ATB

Paul
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 01-01-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Peasant
    Sounds interesting - I'm only a short hop away on the coast. Given my wife works shifts and i am involved with other non bushcraft clubs I am unsure I could make it every week, probably more like once a month.

What sort of things were you interested in trying to do?

i am thinking quite a casual affair people wouldnt have to attend every week (if it were weekly, probably fortnightly though) just sitting round and chatting, if anyone has any projects they are working on eg a hobo stove, they could share their progress, get advice and such. could share good camping spots nearby or far afield. if anyone is particularly knowledgable on a particular subject seeing if they would do a workshop or something. im not by any means an expert but i can see many benefits to having a wealth of knowledge meeting up to help one another.
    and if the group takes off maybe arranging some weekend trips to practice skills, some courses that people like the look of (maybe even get a group discount) or even planning our own mini expeditions and such.

but all that depends on how well the group would take off.

I'm up for this one, let me know how you want to proceed.

There are quite a number of Lancashire based folk on here.

Ade.

Trapper
    I am not for lancashire, but Merseyside so is room for scourser.
    Cheers,
    Phil

Hi Aiden, I'm just down the road in standish, would be great to meet other folks from the area. Due to the shift patterns I work, and when the meets take place, would limit the amount of meets I could attend. Cheers Ian....

Sar-ian I'm from Ashton,wigan.... You or any mates up for some overnighters locally? I'm a bit of a novice but got most of my gear..

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianRose View Post
    I'm up for this one, let me know how you want to proceed.

There are quite a number of Lancashire based folk on here.

Ade.
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Any plans to move this forward?

Somebody on another forum suggested the Tickled Trout just off M6 J31 but it looks a bit expensive and posh for a scruffy bushcrafter like me. About a half mile up the road is the Hesketh's Arms PR1 4SY which looks more like what we need. Any better suggestions?

Somebody want to propose a date?

ATB

Paul
    “If the apple won't fall - go shake the tree.”
    ― Isaac Newton