Thread: 2.5 GB Free on- line photo & file storage

2.5 GB Free on- line photo & file storage

Hi all,

I'm using a free online photo, video & file storage facility called DROPBOX. It's great for storing images & video files and for sharing with family, friends, forum members etc and it's completely free.

Everyone gets 2GB of free storage to start with and if you click on the referral link here you can find out more and then if you decide to subscribe for free, then you'll get an extra 500mb of space for joining via my referral link.

Please note: I get some extra space as well if you join with my link below.

http://db.tt/n9Fz02Rv

One of it's plus points is that it's easy to share any file with anyone just by using a link that can be embedded into forum posts or emails etc. You can also share a whole folder the same way with anyone.

If you like sharing photo's or videos but not keen on sharing it with the 'whole world' via Youtube then this is a good easy way to do it.

Below is a link to one of my photo's (one of my hazel fence panels) to show you how the sharing works... People don't have to have Dropbox to view any of the files that you share so it's really quick and simple for everyone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijbfqet12u754at/IMAG0993.jpg

Hope this is of some use,

Paul.
    Last edited by paul standley; 12-12-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    I've used it still got an account I tend to use 'Mediafire' or 'You Send It' pending
    type of file/size http://www.yousendit.com/?myaccount=true
    Regards
    David

google drive is 5gb free
    sky drive is 7gb free

I use all 3 including drop box.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Dropbox is a great little app and very useful.

Apart from storing documents that I'm working on, I also use it to store copies of important family documents (birth certificates, passports, qualifications, insurance documents, etc). This way, I can access copies if the originals are lost or destroyed.

It's also a handy way of having access to your identity documents if you lose your passport/phone/laptop etc when travelling as you can access it from any internet accessible device.

I would strongly suggest storing the documents as individually password protected files just to protect yourself from anyone using them to assist with identity fraud. I convert mine to PDF's and password protect them which gives and additional layer of security to the website's login.