Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exploding targets

Exploding targets

They're a bit pricey but they're also a bit of a larf - could something ask Santa for

http://www.firebirdtargetshop.co.uk/
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Brilliant idea, no question about it when you score a hit .
    BJ
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Try small balloons.

i won some on a comp on there site not had a chance to play yet but seem cool

I would have enough trouble trying to hit a target with a bazooka, there no chance of me hitting it with balloons.
    BJ
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

I may have to get some of those for my bowmaking/archery courses Shame I'm not a scout leader anymore, they would go down a storm!
    Dave Budd Handmade Tools knives, tools, wood, leather and courses making stuff! 2015 Course List NOW ONLINE!

Would be fun if placed somewhere behind a paper target (not by the shooter) bit of a you've been framed moment
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Someone on another forum came up with a great idea for an alternative though. Drilling a 14mm hole on the cap of a plastic coke bottle, and attaching a car tyre valve.
    Then you can put some talc/fullers earth/whatever in the bottle, screw the cap on, and inflate the bottle to about 7 bar pressure. Hey presto, one very cheap and effective exploding target.
    You can use the valve and cap again and again as long as you don't shoot it by accident, you will have to replace the bottle though!
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by happybonzo View Post
    Someone on another forum came up with a great idea for an alternative though. Drilling a 14mm hole on the cap of a plastic coke bottle, and attaching a car tyre valve.
    Then you can put some talc/fullers earth/whatever in the bottle, screw the cap on, and inflate the bottle to about 7 bar pressure. Hey presto, one very cheap and effective exploding target.
    You can use the valve and cap again and again as long as you don't shoot it by accident, you will have to replace the bottle though!
    Like it will have to do that for the scouts
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

As kids we used a hole through a piece of board. A balloon was behind so only a direct hit on the hole popped the balloon. Good practise for the catty as well.
    It's not the cough that carries you off,

It's the coffin they carry you off in!