Thread: Operation "True Spirit"

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Lightbulb Operation "True Spirit"

I like to be open & transparent so here goes... in an effort to restore the spirit of the community we will be doing the following things:

• More Short-term bans - We will be dishing out a lot more short-term bans (for 48hrs or more) to folk who who are overly argumentative, aggressive, abusive or swear a lot. This time away from the forum will be an opportunity for those to reflect on what they have said and encourage them to think more when writing their future posts.

• Less Self Moderation & More Reporting - We would like to ask YOU to do two things when you see an inappropriate post; Please try and refrain from self-moderating, by this I mean don't post telling off the person or tell them how they should behave, whilst I appreciate you taking the time to do so and trying to defend the community this often only serves to aggravate the argumentative person further and you and other sensible people end up arguing with them more. So instead please make more use of the tool to Report a Post, even for small things like swearing or just being overly argumentative. Using the tool to report a post will instantly email all the moderators and we will take appropriate action and as I've said offenders will now be a lot more likely to be banned straight away for a short duration.

The moderators are continuing to discuss strategies on how to keep the spirit of the community here respectful. If you have any suggestions on how to curb the recent behaviour then please feel free to get in touch, thank you for reading this and caring about your community.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Please try and remember to curb the swearing also, we do have younger audience and one should set an example to.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace