Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gentlemen, please!

Fish, PM sent.

just wan't to chip in.

I try very hard to behave as a good boy while in here. But sometimes the North Norwegian culture I was raised in seeps trough. Our sense of humor and also language I think can be quite shocking. Indeed other Norwegians think us quite barbaric in oit language. What may be considered a declaration of deep affection up here in the north, would be deeply offensive in the south. etc.

But while trying to be as pollite as i can, I often feel that It becomes a little silly, and charge right in, like us northerners do. I hope by that I have not offended anyone. I will continue to make an effort, but can,t promise that the northern boy in me won't pop out now and then. When I step over the line, please pm me (does not have to be a modrator). As sometimes I am ignorant to the fact that I am stepping ove the line.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Your back mate, nice one

Hope you are recovering well.

Neil

Nice one Fishy, how you feeling mate? welcome back paul

It seems as if many online forums are becoming less and less friendly, and not just with swear words. This legal threat Ashley was talking about is definitely shocking, and in a community such as this, it is appalling.
    We are supposed to be setting the example for other (younger or less experienced) bushcrafters. Don't spoil such a wonderful site with anger and tension.
    As we say in the Atwood clan, "act your age, not your shoe size" .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

I probably pop on her once a week or every 2 weeks, unless there's a juicy NBC tweet to a new post. I haven't noticed anything malicious, have noticed a slight increase in sweariness on occasion but this is probably testament to the good work of the Mods taking comments down promptly.

I've learned loads of interesting skills and bits of knowledge from this site and long may it continue with the same ethos as why this place was created in the first place.

The best thing to remember is, if you see an inappropriate comment (this can be either swearing, personal attack, implication or accusation, illegal activity, etc), don't take it upon yourself to put them to rights, especially on the open forum. Send a private message to one of the moderators, who will look at the comment/s, gather any further details needed, and deal with it in the correct manner. The mods WILL look into it, and they WILL take any action needed. Even if (on the incredibly rare chance) you don't hear from them straight away, the wheels WILL be turning. Please remember how busy these guys are.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Sounds good to me. Moderators are invaluable on forums and do a great job, its a pity though that they are needed.
    Not all those who wander are lost

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Exclamation Please Read This

Thank you for the kind comments one & all.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    The best thing to remember is, if you see an inappropriate comment (this can be either swearing, personal attack, implication or accusation, illegal activity, etc), don't take it upon yourself to put them to rights, especially on the open forum...
    Spot on Adam, well almost, don't PM us but rather use the report tool, this way it notifies all moderators instantly.

Please read this: Operation "True Spirit"
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR