Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gentlemen, please!

Hear Hear!!
    Kris MacLeod
    Youtube Channel

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    We, the mods, have been working overtime, due to issues like the above mentioned - something we are not very fond of!
    Very true, I can tell you right now the wife and I are up late re-reading through dozens of threads due to a legal threat that has come in recently as a result of the recent behaviour & comments so please think before you post folks. The mods are doing a grand job, I couldn't do it without them.

RE:
    Quote Originally Posted by rich290185 View Post
    i have not posted for some time on here un-till this last week because of this! this site is the best bushcraft site i hope this stops to keep it this way! well done mods.
    & ...

Quote Originally Posted by paul standley View Post
    As far as Bushcraft forums go, we have been known for being among the very best out there for content and tone and it would be a great shame if the few spoiled it for the many (the usual story).
    Rest assured I won't rest until the community is once again what it should be*; the friendliest, most welcoming, sharing community for Bushcraft knowledge & skills out there - What Bushcraft should be about and I think what folk who attended our recent meet would appreciate you get from us in person.
    'The True Spirit of Bushcraft'
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Something has to be done and I'm thinking we'll be taking a slightly different tact from now on to bring folk back in line, I'll discuss this further with the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Cawley View Post

nothing to be sorry about, its neither yours, nor the fault of the mods
    [

Not that I can say I know the ages of the folks on here, but I like to think of everyone posting on this site as being capable of adult behavior. I know we have some young people who frequent this site, and it's always great to see their interest in bushcraft and to see some of the more experienced crafters jump in and lend knowledge so freely.

I cringe when I see the foul, bawdy, and suggestive language that has been coming up more frequently lately, and I'll just say it's shameful that we would need Jakob, Martin, Ashley and I'll include Phil; to step up and correct the actions of what should be a group of self-governing adults.

Aren't we a little better than this?

Many is the time I've begun an email to some acquaintance, co-worker or even a friend with the intention of telling that person off and having my say, and nobody could tell me differently...then I take a moment, read it over before I hit "send" and think "would I send this to my mother? or my wife?" If telling someone off is so urgently important, do it in private, not like a baboon strutting about.

Many of us try not to hide behind our screen names either. I usually sign my posts with my name, Josh. It's really my name. You can address me by it.

Take the time, get to know some people here, if you're in a bad mood, have a cuppa and maybe come back later.

Keep up the good work, Mods. We on the other side of the pond appreciate it.

All the best indeed,

Josh Brown
    Last edited by jbrown14; 21-11-2012 at 02:32 AM. Reason: typo...

Well said Josh. Like you say, acting in an adult manner, doesn't mean using adult language.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

+1 from me too Josh,lets keep it bushy guys. Paul

I agree Its been gettin over the top a bit .
    This is by far the best Bushcraft site on the net and to be such it takes us the Lads and lassies that post on here to make it so.
    Lets keep it the BEST.

Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

This site is so much more respectful and tolerant than many others. In my experience members on here are genuine and helpful. Thats why I enjoy coming on here. I cant say the same for other forums that I visit.
    Whilst we might not always agree with other members, or their opinions may challenge our own or experience or beliefs, we are a wide collection of individuals.
    There has been a bit of trend recently where there has been a lowering of tone and respect. Without getting preachy or pious , theres no need for it -tolerance along with restraint is a hallmark of maturity.

As others have mentioned there is also a legal aspect to derogatory or defamatory remarks made in posts. Take a breath and have a pause before hitting the keyboard and the send button.......

Lets continue keep this forum the best and most supportive.

well if i am bringing down the whole place just say and ille bgggggr off.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.