Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gentlemen, please!

Gentlemen, please!

Lately I have noticed that this forum has taken a somewhat bad turn as to general behaviour and tone.

I will mention no names - and neither should anyone else. If anyone has been behaving out of line, they probably already know it themselves.

Though I do understand that some topics/discussions can be very emotional - that is no reason to loose one's temper and abbandon the gentlemanly code of conduct, that this forum is so well known and loved for.

I can understand, from PM's and discussions on the forum, that some members feel that certain other members has been actively provoking them and leading them on. In that case, rather than escalating the feud, ignore the user - either by simply not responding or by using the ignore function of the forum.
    I can understand that ones temper may run hot if led on by someone - but it is better to act calm, ranther than becoming part of the problem.

We, the mods, have been working overtime, due to issues like the above mentioned - something we are not very fond of! Please respect us - by respecting each other.
    Last edited by JEEP; 20-11-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: spelling

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Well said Jakob

Regards
    David

Just to add, I've noticed an increase in swearing on the forum too. This used to be jumped on and altered straight away, but times are busy. Those that know me, know that yes I swear, but I Never type any swearing into my posts. This is because of the aforementioned tone of the forum that I have a respect for. This forum not only has younger members but is also open to public viewing. I would ask that you all stop swearing in your posts please. I understand that in real life profanities "pop" out unrestrained on occasion (more often than not with me) but when writing a post it's hardly spontaneous is it??

Sort it out ladies n gennelmen

Cheers

Phil
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

i have not posted for some time on here un-till this last week because of this! this site is the best bushcraft site i hope this stops to keep it this way! well done mods.

Thankyou Jeep

Hi

Well said lads but the grown ups on here should know better anyway But if I may add the Forum here that I joined sometime back seems to be turning more into a Fleebay than it ever was I hope no one minds me saying it but at one time we used to have loads of tips and help each other out on here but it has all changed just recently and I keep having to check that EBAY hasn't gone bust.

Ben
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

I support Jeeps thread - As far as Bushcraft forums go, we have been known for being among the very best out there for content and tone and it would be a great shame if the few spoiled it for the many (the usual story).

IMO We should be able to regulate ourselves easily enough but if we can't then I'd support a crackdown by the mods.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

Hear hear !
    [

Me to Hear hear !
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

I was thinking the same thing recently. It seems a shame, as 90% (if not more) of the folk on here have a good level of respect for the forum.

The swearing is definitely an issue, and although "actual swear words" are pretty rare, the insinuated swear words are just as bad, By this I mean replacing letters with * or #, etc. The word is still pretty obvious when typed like that, so still falls into the bad zone for me.

I agree that things can get heated at times, but as Phil points out, it's a typed statement. Surely we can think of other words that will fit...

Like Jakob says though, I'm not aiming this statement at anyone in particular, just a general observation

Stay cool people, and have an enjoyable time
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel