Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is nearly that time of year again :D Cornwall RV 2013, Trenowth Wood :D

It is nearly that time of year again :D Cornwall RV 2013, Trenowth Wood :D

Hi All
    Well the shops and stores always start things like Xmas early so I think it is time to start of my favourite post of the year

http://www.footstepsofdiscovery.co.uk/cornwall.php

So let’s see who might be going so we can all meet up and say hello to each other I think it is a great weekend with loads to do and even get to see the faces behind the posts. Maybe we could have a competition for the people who drive the most miles or something?

So get posting GUYS AND GIRLS

Ben
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Smile

I didn't know anything about this meet until now. Wow, it looks great. I will definately be putting my boy and me down for this one.

Thanks for the info Ben.

EDIT:

I have already contacted them about the Friday and Saturday. It looks like you pay a 25% deposit and the rest on arrival. I have no chance in the distance travelling comp though, its only up the road
    Last edited by Chubbs; 19-11-2012 at 09:21 AM.

I swear you get earlier each year with this one Ben

Well its started to become a yearly pilgrimage for us now and I think it will probably be just about the right time of year for my lads first hang. Give me chance to make his underquilt aswell before we go. I think my daughter wants the boy to have the hammock just as much as he does, she gets to share the tent with swmbo and have a room on her own then!

Looking forward to it as always, it is a good opportunity to meet folk on this one and have a few days out in the trees. The kids always enjoy it and ask if we are going next year.

Just got to work out what I am having from Dave Budds stand this year, he has already provided the blades for the kids knives so I guess it will have to be something for me again

Hi Guys I'm glad it helped one of you find something new and me earlier every year never LOL I have been planning my trip down since I left the last one

It will be great to see all the guys again

Ben, if you leave home and head north to John O Groats then turn around and go south west to Cornwall that should be about 1000 miles, you might be the record holder for biggest distance covered and get the Wally Trophy as well.. OOPS sorry pal
    Last edited by butchthedog; 19-11-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: correct milage error

That sounds like my normal route mate does that mean my sat nav is bust LOL I wish the weather would get better then we could head off out again then I can carry on burning your hand while teaching you tea drinking in the woods

Quote Originally Posted by butchthedog View Post
    Ben, if you leave home and head north to John O Groats then turn around and go south west to Cornwall that should be about 1000 miles, you might be the record holder for biggest distance covered and get the Wally Trophy as well.. OOPS sorry pal

Hello Mate, the trick is, but don't tell everyone, to hold satnav upside down and read the resulting map from right to left and take as many shortcuts as you like and before you know it BINGO you are lost mate.

Dave

Hi Ben, the plastic surgery has taken well but when I get too near the flames my hand wrinkles up a bit. Do you think I should drink more tea to rectify this problem.

Dave

You defo need more tea mate you can never have enough to be honest I think thats why I have such high electric bills I'm just glad I don't have a water meter Tho Thanks for the advice about the sat nav I wondered what was wrong with the writting on it to be honest I though I had the wrong langauage selected as it all looked funny

I'm glad to the plastic surgery worked to I did think about putting some oil on to cool it as a part of my first aid But I was thirsty so just drank my tea

I met Ben and Corvette after they returned last year and thry were full of how good it was,so its on my list for next year for sure.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.