Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TW Or DD Hammock What Would You Choose

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    Oh, sorry bud, didn't realise you actually received one lol. Sounds like the perfect size mate. Think you'll be nice an cozy in that. It might take you a few nights to find "your" ideal setup, but I'm sure you'll settle in nicely.

I know someone was asking about the Ultra-lite (down filled version), but not sure about the Micro-lite...

I havn't got it yet mate, its somewhere in the postal system. I can start looking at making my underquilt now. I have a full bin bag of the contents of a duck feather and down single quilt to use as a filling. I have loads of sleeping bags in the loft so I might open one up, empty it, convert and fill it.

Aah, I must have got my wires crossed about the micro-lite

Sounds cool. look forward to seeing your homemade UQ. A few of the guys on here have made their own (or gotten the missus to make it for them ), and so far they all seem to work well. I'll be testing my homemade UQ this weekend, over in sunny Wales. Will be getting some video coverage of the weekend, so hopefully add a few words on the quilt too.

You may be right about the micro. I often miss threads and posts on here, so it's more than likely someone has mentioned one
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

im 6'2'' and the wrong side of 18 stone. the dd frontline is a good unit. i sleep sound in mine better then in my own bed.

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    im 6'2'' and the wrong side of 18 stone. the dd frontline is a good unit. i sleep sound in mine better then in my own bed.
    Makes me feel a whole lot happier about my untested purchase
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Makes me feel a whole lot happier about my untested purchase
    They're both good hammocks so don't sweat it. They also hold there value very well if you do find its not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainm View Post
    They're both good hammocks so don't sweat it. They also hold there value very well if you do find its not for you.
    That is a good thing to know, as a few people never seem to get on with swinging from trees.

Even though I will be making an underquilt, I have just viewed a vid on Youtube where a guy uses one of those Polish sleeping mats instead. I have a couple of them with my kit, so I might try one out. They are no good for hiking or walking due to the weight which I think is about 9kg but they are thick (about two and a half inches) , long and very comfy.

WOW, 9kg, that's nearly as much as my overnight pack lol

I bought a Hennessy last year. Although it was much comfier than a tent I failed to see how everyone said a hammock was REALLY comfy.

Then I bought the DD frontline.

I still have a problem..... Even at 9am or 9:30am I'm quite happy just to lay there in the hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by GwersyllaCnau View Post
    ...I still have a problem..... Even at 9am or 9:30am I'm quite happy just to lay there in the hammock.
    I can certainly see where you are coming from on that one. On the last outing I think Phil was the only one that stayed in the hammock longer than me.