Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TW Or DD Hammock What Would You Choose

Trapper
    Beautiful North Yorkshire Coast - love it
    Not got much to add as I haven't tried a TW hammock - they sound interesting though. I have a few DD products, a camping and ultralight hammock, a 3 x 3 tarp and their bergan all of which regularly feature in my excursions. No complaints at all, been very impressed with the gear and service.
    On a planet that increasingly resembles one huge Maximum Security prison, the only intelligent choice is to plan a jail break.

Robert Anton Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Hello mate

Hows you, its been a while.

It was the TW you slept in, it was the Hornet 1.8 metre wide one.

For other forum members, Aman used my hammock as originally I was going to spend the night in a tent with my daughter. We ended up in casualty for nearly nine hours after she slipped with a Mora knife and went straight though three fingers. After all that, we ended up going back home feeling a little sorry for ourselves. She is fine now, wouldn't even notice any scarring.

Buy from the TW website, its cheaper and postage is also free.

Cheers mate.
    Thanks Chubbs

Glad your daughter is OK

I think I have made my mind up bout the hammock. I did like the Hornet but I like the way the DD zips down both sides so you can get the bug net up out of the way. I also like the look of their multi cam version although I am not normally a fan of camo I think it would be great for stealth camping.

Hope to go out to woodlands again soon with you guys

Paul
    aman

I having jitters about the multi cam now.

I have never been a fan of camo and they don't do the under blanket in camo which is going to cover most of the hammock if I choose to use one

Maybe just go for the normal front line hammock and later think about getting the camo tarp

Why is life so complicated

paul
    aman

Well I have just done a complete u turn and bought a TW 3m x 1.8m Hornet with double zips. I read a few reviews about the frontline and a lot of people thought they were a little narrow. I have slept it chubbs' 1.8m wide hornet and it was very comfortable. This is the same it just has double zips on the bug net so you can tie it up out of the way and get in/out from either side

Paul
    aman