Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: March meet up in wales

Quote Originally Posted by Winst0nsmith View Post
    Pencil me in please, don't use ink, I might have a contract starting around then, I'll let thee know.
    No problem mate - if you could just let me know either way before march 1 St it would be a big help.
    Cheers Bri
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Quote Originally Posted by biker-bri View Post
    If anyone has any ideas for group activity's while we are at the site " apart from eating n drinking " please let me know - I will do some kind of a demo with the leather
    no Idea what yet but I will sort something out,
    Cheers for now Bri
    Hi Bri, been thinking about your "leathercraft workshop" would you be up for making a tankard, I was hoping it might be possible to make one myself. If you would be prepared to fetch some additional materials (I'll gladly pay any costs) so as I could make one myself, then not only would I have learned a new skill, but also a momento of the moot, cheers Ian....
    Last edited by Sar-ian; 26-01-2013 at 02:19 PM.
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sar-ian View Post
    Hi Bri, been thinking about your "leathercraft workshop" would you be up for making a tankard, I was hoping it might be possible to make one myself. If you would be prepared to fetch some additional materials (I'll gladly pay any costs) so as I could make one myself, then not only would I have learned a new skill, but also a momento of the moot, cheers Ian....
    Do you mean a jacket for a tankard, or an ornamental tankard made entirely from leather - either is possible but both would take quite a bit of time, the jacker would be the easiest and therefore the quickest.
    I have thought of a group project / memento that would include using the swivel knife, bevel stamp and colour that would take a couple of hours each to make - in other words done in an afternoon but there is no reason
    why we couldn't look into doing your tankard as a one off, "bother I thought it was going to be a quiet weekend"
    Let me know which you were thinking off and I will look into it - anything is possible
    cheers Bri

Hi Bri,
    I was thinking of a full leather tankard, I've been looking at making one for a while, but not had the confidence to start. I don't mind if it's a smaller size if that makes it easier/quicker, as I can always maker a bigger one once I get home, it's about learning the technique's and tricks-of-the-trade. Cheers Ian...
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Tripod sorted, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0004.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	7051 I will not be bringing the cat though. He is a far superior hunter and tracker and puts me to shame. I wouldn't appreciate his donating voles and mice to the meal.
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Looks good BJ, I will check the size off our large stew pot to make sure it fits
    Cheers Bri

TICK TOCK it's getting closer

Yep my feet are itching too - can't wait

Getting closer, I tried my under-quilt in the garden last weekend to get the fit right.
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Wish I'd found this forum sooner. Hope the Gods smile on you all with the weather and I look forward to seeing the pics
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.