Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: March meet up in wales

Ye can put me down for a Aye Bri
    If ye can let me know the dates and which Town is nearest for the bus mate
    This is gonna be great
    Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

Hi I am up for it, I want to try my new musucbag and March should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by biker-bri View Post
    I would if I could, but I can't I wonder, could you Oh sorry now my head hurts, as I am new to bushcraft I have nothing to teach - the last time I tried
    to make fire, the wife told me to put the b####y central heating on like any normal person does

If anyone has any bushcraft skills who would like to share them PLEASE do so, as you can see MY only skill is how not to tell a joke.

As soon as I have enough of people showing an interest, I will contact the campsite and find out what it will cost us as a group, we can then decide how formal or informal
    we want to be. I know that march is a long way away but, if we leave it to late then I may not be able to book us in, I hope to be able to tell every one where we are going
    by the end of the coming week but I have to prove that there is enough interest for them to RESERVE us an area to use as it "is" a popular campsite, I would like
    to be able to give them a minimum number of people attending rather than restricting the number of attendees at this early date, there is nothing worse than seeing an advert
    for an upcoming event in your local paper with numbers restricted - all tickets now sold
    Cheers Bri
    Hi Bri, you sell yourself sort my friend, I've seen your leatherwork and I would love to be able to do work of that quality, as for me, I'm afraid my skill set would result in a brush with the law and arrests (LOL)... seriously though, if there is something that I can pass on I'm more than willing to do so.. cheers Ian...

I totally agree with you Ian. Never in a million years could I produce such brilliant leatherwork that Bri completes week after week. Some people don't feel confident teaching others, no matter how good they are. I'm different, I could teach people to cook all day and I would get satisfaction knowing that somebody else has gained valuable skills. We are all different mate and I am glad we are. The world would be such a boring place if we all knew the same.
    Last edited by Chubbs; 18-11-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    I totally agree with you Ian. Never in a million years could I produce such brilliant leatherwork that Bri completes week after week. Some people don't feel confident teaching others, no matter how good they are. I'm different, I could teach people to cook all day and I would get satisfaction knowing that somebody else has gained valuable skills. We are all different mate and I am glad we are. The world would be such a boring place if we all knew the same.
    Is this the voice of a volunteer I hear welcome on board
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Quote Originally Posted by al... View Post
    ye can put me down for a aye bri
    if ye can let me know the dates and which town is nearest for the bus mate
    this is gonna be great
    cheers
    al
    al empty your in box

Done mate

Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

March hangout update

As there is enough of interest being shown in a meet up I can now tell you the venue, better still have a look http://www.graigwen.co.uk/.
    Also their facebook page for more photographs, http://www.facebook.com/Graigwen
    The nearest train station is at Morfa Mawddach, Buses at Barmouth, Dolgellau the campsite is on the Mawddach estuary and has direct access to the "flat" estuary trail.
    Prices are still to be confirmed, but I may know more later this week
    Cheers Bri

the mermaid fish and chip shop in barmoth does the best in the world,they still use lard and the chips are super,not to mention the fish in batter!
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Hi Bri,
    great location, looking forward to it and who knows it may be 20 degrees and sunny.
    ever the optimist.
    cheers
    BJ