Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: March meet up in wales

Question March meet up in wales

I have approached a campsite in "mid-ish" Wales as to weather or not they would accept a bushcraft hangout on their property for the weekend of the 15,16 and 17th of March.
    They e,mailed me this morning with a big YES but they need numbers before they will give a price, they also asked not to disclose the name of the site yet ( reason unknown )
    I will say that the site is north of Aberystwyth, near the coast, well wooded and there is a pub not too far away.
    Please register your interest here ( no deposit wanted or required err yet ) if anyone knows how to place names all on one post please let me know.
    Cheers Bri.

If there is a disclaimer for this type of post, "I am not aware of it", I will say that I am not doing this for profit in any way, and that I am not associated in any way to the proposed campsite.
    Last edited by biker-bri; 17-11-2012 at 11:55 AM.

assuming i can find a lift/kids allowed ime up for it (plus mrs fish and 4 kids)
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

I will have to check I'm off, but am interested
    Not all those who wander are lost

I like the idea but will have to check with the boss!!

Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    assuming i can find a lift/kids allowed ime up for it (plus mrs fish and 4 kids)
    Tell them to pack their buckets n spade,s mate
    Cheers Bri.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Hi, I'm deffo up for a few days away, just out of interest would yourself and Fish be up for doing some "classes/workshop" as I'm always willing to learn some new skills, oh and anyone else that's going if they have a particular skill set that they would like to teach, cheers Ian...

Quote Originally Posted by Sar-ian View Post
    Hi, I'm deffo up for a few days away, just out of interest would yourself and Fish be up for doing some "classes/workshop" as I'm always willing to learn some new skills, oh and anyone else that's going if they have a particular skill set that they would like to teach, cheers Ian...
    I would if I could, but I can't I wonder, could you Oh sorry now my head hurts, as I am new to bushcraft I have nothing to teach - the last time I tried
    to make fire, the wife told me to put the b####y central heating on like any normal person does

If anyone has any bushcraft skills who would like to share them PLEASE do so, as you can see MY only skill is how not to tell a joke.

As soon as I have enough of people showing an interest, I will contact the campsite and find out what it will cost us as a group, we can then decide how formal or informal
    we want to be. I know that march is a long way away but, if we leave it to late then I may not be able to book us in, I hope to be able to tell every one where we are going
    by the end of the coming week but I have to prove that there is enough interest for them to RESERVE us an area to use as it "is" a popular campsite, I would like
    to be able to give them a minimum number of people attending rather than restricting the number of attendees at this early date, there is nothing worse than seeing an advert
    for an upcoming event in your local paper with numbers restricted - all tickets now sold
    Cheers Bri

Please count me, In I'll book the time off work tomorrow, It would be lovely to meet some of you, we can all freeze together...lol
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Tigger, you are more than welcome, it will be nice to meet you too

I think I'll be up for it.

I May need to wait nearer dates for confirmation though if poss as it will cost me between £60-100 to get there from East Yorkshire on bus or train so will have to make sure I can make it before committing.

Look forward to meeting up with you all though, hope weather works out
    Last edited by ADz; 18-11-2012 at 08:07 PM.