Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Survival Challenge (on paper)

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    that's the beauty of the endorphins and serotonin from the cocoa bean .
    trust me there is no beauty in the cocoa bean... I work with it everyday... it carries salmonella, its dusty, it’s very abrasive, it stinks, when it is a liquid it gets everywhere, and it separates the fat out which again is horrible... oh and most of all it tastes disgusting (well me and everyone who I work with think so) but each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyRider View Post
    Yeah, but did she get the job?
    Oh and yes she did.. she also did suprisingly well on this question.. she said she thought they were trying to catch her out so chose answers she wouldnt have normally chosen must of worked!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Oh and yes she did.. she also did suprisingly well on this question.. she said she thought they were trying to catch her out so chose answers she wouldnt have normally chosen must of worked!!!
    Congratulations to her.

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyRider View Post
    Congratulations to her.
    Thank you

I didn't even notice the box of matches

I wouldn't have gotten the job
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    trust me there is no beauty in the cocoa bean... I work with it everyday... it carries salmonella, its dusty, it’s very abrasive, it stinks, when it is a liquid it gets everywhere, and it separates the fat out which again is horrible... oh and most of all it tastes disgusting (well me and everyone who I work with think so) but each to their own
    It carries salmonella?! Dang - had no idea. Well, I'm referring to the natural chemicals within the bean itself . But yeah, it must be a pain in the arse to process it from what you describe.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

I know what you mean about ridiculous interview techniques - I went for an interview as an engineer at a large car manufacturing plant in the north east, who shall remain nameless. As part of the interview I was given just a newspaper headline and was allowed 5 minutes to come up with a 2 minute presentation to make in front of the directors of the plant, the senior engineers, the HR people and the other candidates. My headline? "Tesco's stole my cat".......

Good fun exercises though, I use the liferaft scenario with the kids at work to make them think about ordering and reasoning and getting them to work together to make decisions

[QUOTE=beermaker;73243] "Tesco's stole my cat".......
    QUOTE]

Your local takeaway is called Tesco's?
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Your local takeaway is called Tesco's? [/QUOTE]

lol here

1. 25 L water water and food primary concern
    2. case army rations food and usually have matches
    3. 2 boxes of chocolate bars food
    4. 20 square feet of opaque plastic sheeting Shelter, distiling water, holding water, collecting rain
    5. 15 ft nylon rope Used in combination with plastic to make the items mentioned
    6. fishing kit to obtain food plus cordage and hooks may be used for other uses.
    7. mosquito neting shelter and nets to catch fish or birds
    8. rum fuel for alcohol stove, wound disinfectant, bottle can be used to store water.
    9. shaving mirror signaling or lure for fishing.
    10. sextant mirrors and glass for fishing
    11. maps of the pacific great items for notes or fire starting
    12. Seat cushion comfort, life preserver, fishing float, tinder for fire starting plastic can be used to hold water
    13. can of shark repellant can used for making improvised stove
    repellant may be used as a marker as it is usually a contrasting or fluorescent color
    14. Oil/petrol mix used for signaling and cooking
    15. radio used to test for proximity to land or parts used to make fishing lures batteries shorted to make sparks to create fire

Think out of the box! Even the simplest of items can have multiple and significant uses.

"This is Liberty Hall - you can spit on the mat and call the 'cat' a b*st*rd."
    Last edited by Silverback; 05-06-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: see PM