Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Handy Hammock - Worlds Lightest Self Supporting Hammock

The Handy Hammock - Worlds Lightest Self Supporting Hammock

I was recently given the opportunity to review and test the new Handy Hammock, a British design by a company of the same name (Handy Hammock). This is the lightest self supporting hammock in the world, weighing in at 1.53Kg

It is not meant to take the place of the traditional 2 tree setup, but more for use when going on holiday, on the beach, in the garden, or up on the fells where there are no trees...

Would be interested to hear your views and comments. I have included a link to a recent review I did on the Handy Hammock below :

Watch Review Here

Regards,

Mick

Looks really good, I'd be tempted by one of those! but I still prefer my tent!
    If it can't be carried it aint needed

incredible bit of design.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaps72 View Post
    Looks really good, I'd be tempted by one of those! but I still prefer my tent!
    I agree, for such a simple design, it is very strong. Im sure it will find its place in the market...

Mmmm innovative
    [

Trapper
    Great idea for places with more dependable weather but the lack of overhead cover would put me off for this country. That said it is the cleverest bit of geometry I've ever seen, the designer must be a mathematician or architect.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.

Trapper
    For someone like me who is rubbish at knots, it looks great. My main concerns would be the way the hammock rings sit on top of the strut - they look like they could slip off a little too easily, and nowhere on their site does it give a maximum weight the hammock would hold.

Interestingly, on their site, they mention they are prototyping canopies and integrated sleeping bags. Certianly one to keep an eye on. Thanks for the video review Mick!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan XF View Post
    Great idea for places with more dependable weather but the lack of overhead cover would put me off for this country. That said it is the cleverest bit of geometry I've ever seen, the designer must be a mathematician or architect.
    I believe there is a canopy attachment, which is in the pipeline, that creates a tarp/basha type setup over the hammock, but clips to the existing structure. There will also be a sleep system/under blanket add on too...

Quote Originally Posted by blindgeekuk View Post
    For someone like me who is rubbish at knots, it looks great. My main concerns would be the way the hammock rings sit on top of the strut - they look like they could slip off a little too easily, and nowhere on their site does it give a maximum weight the hammock would hold.

Interestingly, on their site, they mention they are prototyping canopies and integrated sleeping bags. Certianly one to keep an eye on. Thanks for the video review Mick!
    the setup takes upto 125Kg... I think its highlighted on their little animated cartoon demo...

That is a real nice bit of kit and once it can get a tarp over the top its gonna be even better . only thing I can see wrong with it is you got to have good ground beneth ye because of the lenght of the pegs.
    Just my take on what Ive seen in the vid .
    But if this is the first that they have come up with I can only see good thing comming from the builders.

Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR