Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NaturalBushcraft Autumn Meet - 27th-29th Oct 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    What is everyone using to sleep?
    I'll set up my Hammuk, But if other nights in the woods are to go by, I'll sleep in my chair
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

Hammock, tent, chair I cant decide

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    I will of just had a journey to Sussex and back, so I think I will just crash in the lavvu cos its easy to set up..

The lavvu is that a polish army one??

I'm not sure what to use.. At the moment, I have nothing that is "small" I have a 2 man tent, with a porch though, so it's not the smallest and best for woods. Anyone got a hammock they want to sell? Or any hammock they can recommend online that isn't too much money?..

It won't be a waste, I have always wanted a hammock, just never had money to get one because something more necessary is always needed. I would love to give hammocking a go for a night, so would Tyler.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    The lavvu is that a polish army one??
    No its a 6 man jobbie.. One pole, a few pegs n sorted..

A nice small lavvu then Jonny lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    What are people using to sleep in?
    My boy and I are trying out sleeping under a tarp for the first time. We are using a cheapy camo one which will be 12' x 15' and if we both enjoy it we will upgrade later on to a lighter, basha type one. Because of the bad back I will also be bringing along the kingsize airbed, the Czech bedrolls, an extra blanket and a chair !!.

What do you all think about using something like these to attatch to the tarp and then maybe making them a little longer by tying on some paracord and then securing the end to the ground with tentpegs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tarpaulin-...item2ec20ef2ad

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    My boy and I are trying out sleeping under a tarp for the first time. We are using a cheapy camo one which will be 12' x 15' and if we both enjoy it we will upgrade later on to a lighter, basha type one. Because of the bad back I will also be bringing along the kingsize airbed, the Czech bedrolls, an extra blanket and a chair !!.

What do you all think about using something like these to attatch to the tarp and then maybe making them a little longer by tying on some paracord and then securing the end to the ground with tentpegs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tarpaulin-...item2ec20ef2ad

They don't always hold under pressure.. :S the plastic bit may break off.. hrmm :S haven't used them much though.. so..

I'll be in a 3-man tent. Which is basically just big enough for me and my kit. I swear wherever they make these tents must be the land of little people.

If previous experiences are anything to go by, there'll be people sleeping in all manner of tents, hammocks and chairs. Okay, maybe not the latter, but the great thing about these meets is that people don't judge you by what tent or hammock you use. (Well, at least not to my face! )

It's just a great opportunity to get out of signal and play with sharps and fire, learn or teach something, then enjoy a few drinks before we all snore the wildlife away.