Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Naked Rambler

Banned
    He isn't arrested for being nude, he is arrested for causing offence. He is not arrested when no-one can see him, for instance in the Highlands on his Lands End-J'Groats walks, or otherwise off-road. He was arrested in towns and cities.

It's tricky, would young children be distressed or disturbed seeing him walk naked towards them if they were walking on their own? My son is 12, and goes for regular walks around and about the Gorge with his mate, if they met Mr Naked Rambler may they be offended or upset, maybe so. If he walked naked through a stables with lots of teenage girls around, would they be upset or offended, maybe so. If he met me in the woods, would I be upset or offended, I wouldn't bother in the least.

As for the solitary, that was for his own good, I reckon if they put him a cell with Slasher Bates, and he insisted on being naked...........

As a final thought, if he insists on being naked in towns, bang him up. If he avoids built up areas and keeps himself to himself, leave him be, but maybe suggest to him he gets a decent coat.

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    you make it sound so smutty!
    haha never noticed that fish

"confronted by groups of people with their dangly bits hanging out everywhere"

like some kind of nudst zombie apocolypse!

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyRider View Post
    He isn't arrested for being nude, he is arrested for causing offence. He is not arrested when no-one can see him, for instance in the Highlands on his Lands End-J'Groats walks, or otherwise off-road. He was arrested in towns and cities.

It's tricky, would young children be distressed or disturbed seeing him walk naked towards them if they were walking on their own? My son is 12, and goes for regular walks around and about the Gorge with his mate, if they met Mr Naked Rambler may they be offended or upset, maybe so. If he walked naked through a stables with lots of teenage girls around, would they be upset or offended, maybe so. If he met me in the woods, would I be upset or offended, I wouldn't bother in the least.

As for the solitary, that was for his own good, I reckon if they put him a cell with Slasher Bates, and he insisted on being naked...........

As a final thought, if he insists on being naked in towns, bang him up. If he avoids built up areas and keeps himself to himself, leave him be, but maybe suggest to him he gets a decent coat.
    Why should a naked person distress someone? this is what I don't get... should a human being really be distressed by nudity if we actually born that way?

Edit - man I really sound like a hippy...maybe I am a hippy...

Nothing wrong with being naked I often went sun bathing on studland beach in my berthday suit with the wife and child,Not a pritty site,me that was ,the wife looked allrightIt was the dirty gits up the back sand dunes you had to watch out for,in the right place its OK.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by comanighttrain View Post
    Why should a naked person distress someone? this is what I don't get... should a human being really be distressed by nudity if we actually born that way?

Edit - man I really sound like a hippy...maybe I am a hippy...
    Oh, I don't know, maybe your right. Why not test the theory of people not getting distressed by standing naked outside the local primary school in the morning? When you get out again, maybe you could post on how people reacted?

If you re-read what I said I made it quite clear that young people may be distressed or upset or even threatened by a naked man approaching them on a footpath in the countryside. I wouldn't be, and clearly you wouldn't be. It is clearly a time and place thing, simple as that. If one is not willing to accept that there is more, and less, appropriate places to derobe, well, then they are just plain old stupid and deserve all that is coming their way.
    Last edited by GalaxyRider; 08-10-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulthefish2009 View Post
    Just read that he has been set free. Paul
    Probably not for long on his past form...
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

I think they should go to mediation ....maybe a compromise could be the answer and they should ask him to wear a jumper.
    oh well try again

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    I think it should be like our knife law. Under 3 inches and you are ok, cos you ain't gonna harm anyone with that..

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    I think it should be like our knife law. Under 3 inches and you are ok, cos you ain't gonna harm anyone with that..
    Laugh? I just spat my cornflakes all Muel
    [

You can't go walking with nount on in a field, forest or town without offending someone. If I came across a guy walking past me and my kids, with his junk hanging out would I be offended, yes. ...Now I know the story, probably not.
    But do I want my kids to see this guy walking with his junk hanging out. No. No I don't.

Does this guy care if kids (or anyone) see's his junk, no, clearly not.

Should he be given a custodial sentence for repeatedly offending, yes IMHO.

Compromise ...Just put a fig leaf on and stop making a pointless point.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace