Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Down/compact sleeping bag for 50 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by ADz_1983 View Post
    Just an update. I did end up getting the Tesco Micro-Lite but then ended up shelling out for a Mountain Equipment Xero 350 a couple of weeks back. However a saved search on ebay emailed me about the Tesco Ultra-Lite down bag so now I have that aswell so think I'm kinda addicted now lol.

Current sleeping list is...
    1. Vango Steller 300SQ
    2. Vango Nitestar 250
    3. Tesco Micro-Lite
    4. Mountain Equipment Xero 350
    5. Tesco Ultra-Lite

I think I'm going to get sell off the Vango Steller and the Micro-Lite as I cant see myself using them. I like the Nitestar and will be using the Xero throughout the year or maybe the Ultra-Lite in Summer.
    You can never have too many doss bags . I have both the Tesco ultra-lite and micro-lite, and like you say, there's not much point having both really, as they both pack down to the same size, and they both weigh about the same. Just one is down filled .
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by dannyreid1978 View Post
    Hi I've just bought this yesterday morning with free delivery I know it's a four season and for colder months but the site has loads of well priced bags on

http://www.sleepingbagsoutlet.co.uk/...enger-400.html

Happy camping

Danny
    Great price for such a bag, however it doesn't really pack down well.

Quote Originally Posted by ADz_1983 View Post
    Great price for such a bag, however it doesn't really pack down well.
    I'm not sure about the 400, but I have a couple of the 200 (-12 rating) and they pack down to about 12 inch long by 8 inch diameter.
    Remember not to store the bags in their compression sacks though, as it will wreck the insulation after a while

Ordered a current issue Army arctic sleeping bag off e-bay for 25 + 5 P&P.. Rated to -30* C. Also bought a one season mummy bag from Aldi a couple of weeks back... Hieght of season, they were 29.99. End of season clearance went down to 9.99.... Had a couple left just to get rid... 4.99... That's my sleeping sorted for the year.
    Utringue Paratus

Northern Soul Bushcraft.......

Quote Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
    Ordered a current issue Army arctic sleeping bag off e-bay for 25 + 5 P&P.. Rated to -30* C. Also bought a one season mummy bag from Aldi a couple of weeks back... Hieght of season, they were 29.99. End of season clearance went down to 9.99.... Had a couple left just to get rid... 4.99... That's my sleeping sorted for the year.
    The current issue bags are nice and warm. The hardest part is finding them in a large, and with the proper compression sack
    Add to that your Aldi bag, and you got yourself a bargain sleep system

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    The current issue bags are nice and warm. The hardest part is finding them in a large, and with the proper compression sack
    Add to that your Aldi bag, and you got yourself a bargain sleep system

It is a large the army one.....

Quite looking forward to trying them out very soon....... Got a bit of a meet lined up in a couple of weeks...
    Utringue Paratus

Don't forget to bring some photos back

Well my new sleeping bag came this morning and its huuuuuuuooowge!! But i haven't compressed it down properly, had a climb inside and I definitely won't need liners or bivouac bag it's toastie warm! (Almost fell asleep it was that snug!!!) 💤 Anyway I'm going to be out in it Sunday night and ill be taking my bergan so it'll fit no probs in the bottom of that!
    Happy crafting all!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by dannyreid1978 View Post
    Well my new sleeping bag came this morning and its huuuuuuuooowge!! But i haven't compressed it down properly, had a climb inside and I definitely won't need liners or bivouac bag it's toastie warm! (Almost fell asleep it was that snug!!!) �� Anyway I'm going to be out in it Sunday night and ill be taking my bergan so it'll fit no probs in the bottom of that!
    Happy crafting all!

Danny
    My arctic bag has just arived......... I am like a kid in a sweetshop !!!!!

Mein Rottweiller whinging that I have spent 30 on another sleeping bag after the 5 aldi one...

She'gone off cos I've spent it on kit... She'd be even less happy if I'd spent it on a BJ....
    Utringue Paratus

Lol Simon
    [