Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: White Box Stove....wow

Just an add on to my review,

Mods - I have fixed a length of fibre glass stove rope near the base of the stove for priming ( blooms much quicker and makes it even more efficient )

Plus Points - I still love the white box stove and use it regularly, it's highly efficient and boils water pronto. easy to light and use.

Negative Points - Has no simmer control,so it cooks at high speed, difficult to extinguish (you learn how much fuel to use with practice, so it burns out at the right time)

Summary - I stick with my original statement of Wow, I've used it many times in my Mkettle and my wild woodgas stove for a morning brew, sure beats waiting for wood to get going for the first brew of the day Hope this is of use to someone
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0017.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	8541Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0018.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	8542Y pay all that money for a white box when you can make you'r own out of alley water bottles I pick mine up from the booty for around 30p

Trapper
    I bought a whitebox stove after seeing the video on here. I have always used a trangia in the past which is ok if you have the time to wait. I prefer to use boil in the bag foods so I only ever boil up water and never have to clean out a pot. The Whitebox is so fast that I now take it with me on film shoots. If the main Production team are a distance away and I'm hiding in the back ground somewhere I can make a fresh brew in no time and it's silent and smoke free. It's the perfect stove for my needs and fits in a titanium mug nicely. If I'm out and about for a few days I just put the mug and stove in a larger pot. With the base and windshield the whole lot can only weigh 4 or 5 ounces. I read somewhere that if you put meths on the base sheet you can just light that and it will prime very quickly. As a point of interest I am also one of these people who struggles to be creative with their hands and apart from making a hobo stove I wouldn't even try to make a meths stove. I have however reshaped the wind shield from a mini Trangia so that the Whitebox can sit in it and the pot can sit on the pot supports and dreckly on top of the stove to keep up the internal pressure for efficient combustion. I found that by putting meths in the stove and some in the trangia windshield I could place the pot straight on top first then light the reservoir around the base of the shield. This soon heats and vapourises the meths in the stove which instantly lights when hit by the surrounding flames. Tried it on a day out down along the Thames with the kids last bank holiday. Worked a treat and we all had a hot lunch in no time.
    In summary; Great stove if you want to buy a light weight piece of kit and a great design to steal if you are the clever sort and can make your own.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.

Dan, breaks/paragraphs are always nice but thanks for the review. I have a whitebox DIY job and also think it's great. It cant obviously store meths like a trangia but its much quicker and lighter and alsong as you measure meths out properley you don't really need to store any anyway.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"