Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kelly Kettle and M-Kettle Comparison

Hobo
    Nice review I have a big Kelly Kettle and love it. I think though I might be wrong the Kelly Kettle is only marketed to temporally carry water from water source to heat only. Being a canoeist I’ve never had a need to carry water in the kettle so just use it for heating. There’s something very pleasing about making a hot drink in the wild with these kettles whatever one you get. I love it especially when the wife carry’s the kettle Its nice to see a company not take teh hump at a review which points out a point lol

I love my Kelly too. It's not right for every occasion but when there's a crowd it's great for getting lots of bews done.

I've just been given a ghillie kettle,it is a kelly kettle cloan with a whistle,amazed at how little fuel it uses and how well it draws. Paul

To throw another kettle into the mix, I use the storm f1 kettle. British made, spout, more stable base than the mkettle IMO.

I've used it with twigs, pine cones, sticks and the trangia. :thumbup:

Last edited by swright81076; 12-02-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Hi all, I added a comment earlier in this thread and prompted by someones comment that you can cook over a kelly,
    I found a universal trivett (easily made) which fits loads of stoves and you can pop on a pot or frying pan, it fits trangia & tatonka meths stoves, the top or the bowl of the Mkettle, the kelly and Ghillie top (too small for the bowl) probably others which I don't own.
    It's a nice light useful addition Name:  Trivett.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  8.8 KB (17 grams S/S or 7 grams titaniun)
    http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/page38.asp

PS. I made one from aluminium first but had forgotten the anealing process, after a couple of uses it still worked fine but became very very bendy and easily damaged.
    Last edited by Tigger004; 12-02-2013 at 04:55 PM.
    Campfires are best shared with friends.