Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knife Making Video

Knife Making Video

I can't miss this opportunity to add my little video here!
    If you want to make your own knife, one like the Woodlore knife that Ray Mears sells, then my video is worth a watch I reckon!
    www.greenpete.co.uk/knife-making/
    You can watch the video courtesy of Youtube or download the DVD version for free!
    Ashley did a great review of the DVD here.
    Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Thumbs up

A pleasure to watch, it can teach an absolute beginner the entire knife making process in under 35mins.
    Really recommend watching it. Well done Pete & thanks for sharing your work with the community.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

I've just watched the video - mightily impressed. As I really don't have access to forge making or using skills. Are there ready made blades out there that just need you to make the handle for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I've just watched the video - mightily impressed. As I really don't have access to forge making or using skills. Are there ready made blades out there that just need you to make the handle for?
    Yeah, loads!! You can get a high carbon steel one for about a tenner, greenman bushcraft sells them and loads of other places.
    When in doubt Brew-Up!

I have the video on DVD here next to my bed, still dreaming of the day I get a chance to make a fire that'll get a decent size file hot enough. I did it with a little file I'm intending to make a carving knife with, but have not yet converted a large file to make a knife with. It's an absolute MUST WATCH in my opinion. Great video by a great chap. You're on my list of people I'd like to meet one day Pete - who knows if we ever will. Either way, thank you for sharing the knowledge and making the time to show us how.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    I have the video on DVD here next to my bed, still dreaming of the day I get a chance to make a fire that'll get a decent size file hot enough. I did it with a little file I'm intending to make a carving knife with, but have not yet converted a large file to make a knife with. It's an absolute MUST WATCH in my opinion. Great video by a great chap. You're on my list of people I'd like to meet one day Pete - who knows if we ever will. Either way, thank you for sharing the knowledge and making the time to show us how.
    Thanks! I hope we meet one day too!
    Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!

THAT VIDEO........can change your life,its given me some hart ache and a lot of satisfaction.Cost me a fortune,at lese 7 pounds in old files,sore back with all that bending over the vice,Im to old for all that now,and then he tell you he dosant polish his blades.If you wont a normal life dont watch it.But If you wont something you will be proud of watch it and watch it then watch it agine and lern it the best thing in the world when youve finished your first blade and to you its the dogs bo:<>#~!.Never mind that youv polished it to a mirror finish.....you dont have to, just get the fireing right and youll have a good blade and you made it.Pete got me out from in front of the TV and into the shed,have a look wot you can achieve on my post [MY FILE BLADES]..................THANKS PETE

Awesome video, watched it first back in the summer, led me to start making my own knives, starting with trying out lump charcoal in my BBQ to anneal a file, worked better than I expected. GreenPete rocks as far as bare basic knife making, I went more expensive (yet still cheap) to make my own, and am now getting commissioned to make knives. Well worth watching his videos for ideas and info.

Trapper
    i know this is an old post but that video is amazing and just wanted to say thanks to pete for sharing

hes made something i thought would require all kinds of big expensive equipment like furnaces etc do able at home

thanks again pete

Trapper
    just wandering if you could use a leaf blower