Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: my new bird

Not quite finished yet, other projects got in the way, I have carved it just need to paint or stain it - I will post pic,s later today
    Cheers Bri
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Ansum bird
    Storms have a way of teaching what nothing else can.

ALWAYS Leave a Trace

great looking bird mate

Sorry about the delay, but better late than never Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131012.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	5617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131012_1.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	5618
    I am thinking of blacking out the background ( black acrylic paint ) then staining the bird with antique gel, if I painted it I would lose detail
    Cheers Bri
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Red face

lovely job my friend well done most excellent and im glad you got her finished would make lovely patch for game bag
    Last edited by welshdragon; 13-10-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: change spelling mistakes

we had a most excellent day rabbiting today with the birds taking four rabbits and 5 getting away but not much the capture as the hunt watching birds of prey hunting in a great enviroment taking a few but seeing the chase is all what it is about. Still alot of ground cover around so some bolt holes missed but there is always another day and with a rabbit each for the birds and one each for me and my partner the day is complete, no lost birds and thunder behaved herself and flew to the fist all day killing 3 out the four and harriet the baby harris taking the the 1 not bad for its first time out tofur she did have a go at pheasant to but i dived into a rhubarb field never to be seen again and im glad she didnt take it as my game licence is out of date which has given a kick up the ass to get it renewed befor next time out and sorry folks i forgot to pack the camera in the excitment of first hunt of the season. Next time

Great write up WD Would have loved to watch the birds work.
    Look forward to the pic's from the next hunt mate.

Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

Bri thats beautiful work bud.

Cheers
    AL
    The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.
    JOHN MUIR

Got a call from the mews where i keep my birds someone broke in last night and has executed my birds and my friends birds they all been shot with air rifle it was to late when my friend got there when the alarm went off,all we can see on the camera is some one in cammo gear with full head cover. We got the police in and they dont seem to be interesed as on officer said only birds i have reported him this morning those birds cost over £2500 we trying to think who we p****** off but havent got a clue who would carry out such an attack thing is we were not able to insure the birds due to the fantastic ammount required even though we had cameras and alarm they wanted to much, more than the birds cost. Sorry to bring such sad news but i cant afford to buy new birds so probably wont be calling in anymore

Oh mate, that is terrible,there are some complete scum around and sounds like one has visited you, so sorry. Paul