Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What Bushcraft is not about: Litter

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    Rowan/Mountain Ash is not a fir tree ;0) Sorry, I might be missing something here, I did not click on the links :0/
    We're talking about this. http://i.imgur.com/IH0Cs.jpg

Sapper said it looks like Rowan. I just naturally made the conclusion that you were reffering to this as Larch because that has red seeds, and that was the only similar one to this so-called "Rowan" in your list that I quoted. There, I hope that makes sense now. Heh heh.

Edit: I shouldn't have tried to interperet what you meant because, quite frankly, I'm clueless.

I think I'm going to watch some videos on tree identification.
    Last edited by Oakenwise; 10-09-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakenwise View Post

Sapper said it looks like Rowan. I just naturally made the conclusion that you were reffering to this as Larch because that has red seeds, and that was the only similar one to this so-called "Rowan" in your list that I quoted. There, I hope that makes sense now. Heh heh.

Edit: I shouldn't have tried to interperet what you meant because, quite frankly, I'm clueless.

I agree with Sapper, looks very much like Rowan. Also called Mountain Ash, the leaves are similar to Ash trees. Its a tree that grows well in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    I agree with Sapper, looks very much like Rowan. Also called Mountain Ash, the leaves are similar to Ash trees. Its a tree that grows well in Scotland.
    Ah, well that settles it. Two people, yourself and Sapper, have named it Rowan. And what do you know, I was in Scotland. What are the chances?

Cheers!

Okay, I think we've talked enough about tree indentifcation in this thread. This was about keeping the environment clean. I hate when I make threads go off-topic. 'Twas mine own fault. : )

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakenwise View Post

I agree with Sapper, looks very much like Rowan. Also called Mountain Ash, the leaves are similar to Ash trees. Its a tree that grows well in Scotland and also a good carrier for Mistletoe.
    Larch seeds are nothing like Rowan seeds btw..

I've just been reading about the Rowan in all its detail (interesting folklore). I could've eaten the scarlet berries, right? Darn! I wish I'd have known back then.
    Last edited by Oakenwise; 10-09-2012 at 05:31 PM.