Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desert Overnight

wow what a place to camp!
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Nice work with the hand drill. It took me way longer than that to do it last time I tried, which was some years ago. I really ought to practice it more often as its so simple.
    We have a plant called mullein which grows around here. It has a tall flowering spike and is meant to be good for hand drills. I have some in my workshop that I have dried, so will have to dig them out and give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyP View Post
    Nice work with the hand drill. It took me way longer than that to do it last time I tried, which was some years ago. I really ought to practice it more often as its so simple.
    We have a plant called mullein which grows around here. It has a tall flowering spike and is meant to be good for hand drills. I have some in my workshop that I have dried, so will have to dig them out and give it a go.
    Mullein grows pretty readily in the mountains here. I've heard rumors of success using mullein on mullein, but I haven't had any. I have, however, confirmed that a mullein spindle works well using our local cottonwood as a hearth board. I'd be curious what you find works with the mullein you've got in your area.
    Alone in the African desert without a compass or a guide... However, by carefully noting the position of the sun, I could tell it was still daytime. --Neddie Seagoon

Brilliant pictures - thanks for sharing
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. I like your avatar, happybonzo. Looks a lot like my heeler, Lefty:
    Alone in the African desert without a compass or a guide... However, by carefully noting the position of the sun, I could tell it was still daytime. --Neddie Seagoon

Oh, Dog Breath, you just made my day with the Neddie Seagoon quote in your signature line. Didn't know there was another Goon fan on here!

Later!

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown14 View Post
    Oh, Dog Breath, you just made my day with the Neddie Seagoon quote in your signature line. Didn't know there was another Goon fan on here!

Later!

Josh
    Hahah, awesome, Josh! Gotta love the Goons!

Quote Originally Posted by dog.breath View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, everybody. I like your avatar, happybonzo. Looks a lot like my heeler, Lefty:
    Great looking chap - check your PMs
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Really good and well documented!
    The kicker for me, is the fact you are one of the few Americans I've come across that knows the difference between a Tortoise and a Turtle!
    Great stuff.

Banned
    Stunning scenery and excellent photos !!! Thanks for sharing !!!