Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Binoculars and Monoculars

Just thought of something. Do you wear glasses? If so you'l be needing something with long eye-relief. Most glasses wearers need something over 16mm. Again, what you need in terms of this can only be worked out by trying as many different models as you can before deciding.

Sightron "Blue Sky" II 8x32 is getting rave reviews by the optics obsessives on Birdforum. They are apparently way way better than their price would indicate. Extremely good value for money. I haven't tried them myself but the people on Birdforum really know their optics.

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Phineas View Post
    Just thought of something. Do you wear glasses? If so you'l be needing something with long eye-relief. Most glasses wearers need something over 16mm. Again, what you need in terms of this can only be worked out by trying as many different models as you can before deciding.
    Sorry for the late replies dude! Work was mad.

No glasses thankfully!

Hi,

your in box is full. I've got a message for you.

Cheers,
    P.

Tribal Elder
    hey should be space now dude

I don't know how much you know about binoculars but there ia a good page on the Opticron website that explains the basics:

http://www.opticron.co.uk/Pages/chooser_guides.htm

Banned
    Thanks for sharing !! good advice !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Thanks for sharing !! good advice !!
    You're welcome. I know how easy it is to buy the wrong optics and be put off them for life. But if you choose the right ones, bins (or a scope) completely open up the landscape and its wildlife to you. I feel naked without them and I know I'm missing so much by not having them with me.

Tribal Elder
    Well I had this on the backburner while taking a sober look at my finances... girlfriend got me a set of 10*42 Bushnell waterproof binos for my birthday... had a short muck about with them last night and I was actually surprised by how much more detail I could get with them... Can't wait to get them out proper!