Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What Knife is everyone using at the moment ?

My EDC is an ckc Hiker custom knife worn as a neck knife. When it comes down to Outdoor/Bushcraft i've got some other options. What i like most atm is my new Enzo Trapper i got from my gf as birthday gift :P

Hobo
    hi there, i have only got one knive when it comes to bushcrafting. it´s the eggen made by the norwegian knive company helle. very high quality for good money. i strongly recommend it to anyone who ist looking for a good allround bushcraft/outdoors knive.
    greets

Alone in the Wilderness
    I have a Tenmylle Elk Ridge, which I like, but truth to be told I've not done much more than a bit of gardening with it so far.
    It's nicely weighted and I like the dark wood handle. It seems to hold its edge pretty well, but as I said, it's not been abused yet.
    Last edited by Seeker; 18-11-2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: corrected grammar!

Well, for the woods im kind of addicted to Mora's. My current favourite is the Allround.

For public edc, its my trusty Explorer SAK. If not public then im loving my EKA Swede 8 (with the orange rubber scales) or my old faithful Opinel #8. Im also mildly addicted to Opinels!

Great addittion to a great site by the way!

ATB, Jon.
    Last edited by jdo330; 18-11-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: spelling

usually carry a spyderco legal carry grasshopper for edc, and or a gerber legend on my belt when working our airsoft game sights, in addition when bivi or camp, i carry a k-bar kukri in my pack as it handles all my camp chores from digging holes to replacing an axe, and it cuts well to, easy to maintain with a fallkniven dc4 sharpener that lives permently in my belt kit.

incidently for knives try looking at http://www.heinnie.com/, i have used them loads and always had only good service from them.

regards-Steve

Right at the moment I gotan old SAK from Wenger Tahara model nice oldknife plus I got leatherman classic laying around someplace LOL. I do plan on getting a Mora come the spring a blank and a number 2 classic. Gonna handel the blank with some antler.
    “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

I use a Mora Clipper and my faithful old SAK most of the time.

However, one of these just arrived.....

http://www.thekhukurihouse.com/catal...id=313035f1676

(no connection to seller, etc)

....it is a real solid beastie!!

My EDC is a CRKT M21 folder, the new Swiss Soldier Knife, and a Leatherman Wave. For outdoors, have a Benchmade Activator 201+, a Mora basic laminated knife, and this that I made two months ago (hehe, about 6 or 7 blades ago, seems like a long time), which will likely become my main blade (O1 steel, figured maple handle):

Last edited by CanadianMike; 19-11-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Mora 510, have given up on custom cutlery and went back to my first love..Unfortunately these are not made anymore but I bought a few of them as lay-a-way's until I need them in the future..I have used this knife since I was about 16, then caught the custom bug and had knives from most of the UK's top makers but always returned to the 510...It's now the only utility knife I carry apart from my Leuku.

My EDC is this Victorinox...

... and in the wild I have a Mora Clipper Bahco
    Advice on knife use; "The pink things are fingers"