Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What Knife is everyone using at the moment ?

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Opinel No 7 as a neck carry, and a good ole Mora Clipper, coz they work and do the job without forking out a load of cash, do keep it in a DIY Birch Bark sheath now though, looks so much better than the plastic thing it came with and 'grips' the knife really well too.

My current EDC's are a tiny reindeer stag handle Laguiole in my pocket and a Leatherman Juice Xe6 in my bag.

When out and about I carry my trusty Finnish Eräpuu 202; http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakobee...7625342571742/ and http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...orsens-Denmark)

Mvh.

Jakob

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    I like the sheath design you've got with that knife Jakob, did it come like that or is it a custom sheath made after?
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

It came like that. Afaik. all Eräpuu knives comes with a sheath of the traditional "long" Scandinavian design. Personally I very fond of this scabbard design.

Regards.

Jakob

Banned
    I still mainly use the "scout" type sheath knife my brother gave me 52 years ago. Sheffield steel by "William" something.

Scan of knife, the haft is partly obscured by the machine's light reflecting. Blade just under Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sheath knife 001.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	244.5 inches long

Thumbs up Thanks for Sharing Edwin

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I still mainly use the "scout" type sheath knife my brother gave me 52 years ago. Sheffield steel by "William" something...
    That's superb Edwin, looks like it might have a nice patina on it?

It looks like a sturdy/reliable knife! Has the handle held up ok over the years?
    Ashley Cawley

Leave No Trace

Banned
    Pommel is a little bit loose at the moment but will tap it firm sometime. Unfortunately blade got some rust marks so had to sand it gently. Throws very well too which might explain the loose pommel.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    ... Throws very well too which might explain the loose pommel.
    I imagine that would explain the pommel! You shouldn't be doing that with a prized-possession from your Brother!

We got a little into Thomahawk Axe throwing, but then Winter came in and it got dark so we don't have much time to practice on the targets now'adays.
    Ashley Cawley

Leave No Trace

Hobo
    For everyday stuff I carry a 4.25" balisong. It's nothing special but it has the utility of being pocketable and fun. For my fixed blade knife that I carry in the outdoors, I currently have a Mora Triflex. However -- I'm very unimpressed with it. I have several other carbon-steel edged tools, and none of them corrode with the veracity of the Triflex. It was a gamble getting the gimmicky steel, but I thought i'd give it a go. Needless to say, this forum caught my eye, cause i'm in the market for a better fixed blade knife.

my mora clipper 840mg may not be the prettiest knife but the blade is super-sharp and it does all i need for everything from feather sticks to game preperation.